PDA

View Full Version : 2005 LLY Fuel mileage

dieknow
December 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Has anyone had anytime to accurately log any fuel mileage increases on the LLY? I have several customers that are complaining about the mileage they are getting on their new trucks and wanted to know what you all are seeing with tuning.

dieknow
December 9th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Sorry. I had missed this. http://efiforum.iqd.co.nz/showpost.php?p=12280&postcount=15

trudynosports
December 11th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I have an 04.5 LLY and have been running the Edge/Attitude for about a 10 months now. No real difference in fuel economy. At the most I may see 1Mpg. Still has stock intake and exhaust. Fuel economy should pickup with a cold air intake though.

bobo
December 11th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I have an 04.5 LLY and have been running the Edge/Attitude for about a 10 months now. No real difference in fuel economy. At the most I may see 1Mpg. Still has stock intake and exhaust. Fuel economy should pickup with a cold air intake though.

Cold air intake don't help mileage on a diesel. My cold air intake was a waste of money. I have heard the boost stick helps w/ fuel mileage (I beat on mine too much to tell). We should be able to program this extra boost in w/ EFILive when it is released.

trudynosports
December 12th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Yeah I know what you mean about leaning on it too much! I was baseing the fuel mileage on a 6.0 Powerstroke that I put a different intake system on. It did pick up almost 2Mpg with no other mods. This was over about 3 tanks of fuel and all interstate miles.

Redline Motorsports
December 16th, 2005, 04:27 PM
My 05' is getting 19-21 MPG with a 60 hp Diablo Predator tune. I just bumped it to the 80 hp tune while adjusting for my smaller winter tires and its down to 17-18 MPG but runs like a bastard!

I think the winter fuel is no helping either!

Howard

dieknow
February 7th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Has anyone seen any real fuel mileage gains from tuning since the LLY release?

Cougar281
February 7th, 2006, 04:54 PM
My 05' is getting 19-21 MPG with a 60 hp Diablo Predator tune. I just bumped it to the 80 hp tune while adjusting for my smaller winter tires and its down to 17-18 MPG but runs like a bastard!

I think the winter fuel is no helping either!

Howard

At what speeds and what version of the Predator? I've got a 2.00 and at 75 I got about 15.7/17.X going to and from MO and KY with the 65HP tune.

And you're right, winter fuel is NOT helping any...