PDA

View Full Version : V8 Pass-Through Reading/Flashing Support (pre-release)

Blacky
October 1st, 2010, 06:25 PM
This pre-release is beta level software. It is not 100% ready for production use, so we advise against installing it into production environments. You should only update/use this pre-release in environments where failure can be tolerated and recovered using other processes.

Update: Oct 04, 2010: The FlashScan and AutoCal firmware files included in the pre-release software have incorrect check-sums in them. That will cause the devices to remain in deadpoll once the firmware has been updated. Please use the firmware with the correct check-sums that are attached to this post at the bottom.

We've activated the pass-through reading mode and now the pass-through cal-flashing mode in the V8 software. You can download the V8 software update here: V8 Pass-Thru Read/Flash Pre-Release (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.1.2.116_Setup.exe) (18MB).

The V7 software has also been updated. A few bug fixes and minor enhancements are available in the V7 software. You can download the latest V7 software here (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.6.134_Setup.exe) (90MB).

There have been a number of changes to the V8 software, most notably:

Look and feel of the V8 software has been updated (again).

The V8 software is now tab-based.
The blue menus down the left side have been replaced by tab pages.

FlashScan/AutoCal firmware has been updated.

Latest firmware is V2.06.42
It has been updated to support more features required for the V8 pass-thru reading/flashing mode. After updating the firmware, you MUST update all the files in the [Config] file system to the latest ones provided with this V8.1.2.115 update.

Pass-through reading/flashing has been added.

Select the "F3: Tune" option to open the pass-thru reading/flashing tab page.

Window sizes/positions and other user data will be deleted.

All user configuration data stored in the EFILiveUser.ini and EFILiveLayout.ini files will be deleted. New ini files will be created with new defaults.

Two new ECM's supported, E39 & E78:

E39 Vehicle List:
Engine codes: LF1 (3.0L), LFW (3.0L), LAF (2.4L), LHU (2.0L Turbo)
All will carry the SIDI badge.
As used in...
2010/2011 Buick: LaCrosse, Regal (Incl Turbo)
2010/2011 Cadillac: CTS, SRX
2010/2011 Chevrolet: Equinox
2010/2011 GMC: Terrain
2010/2011 Holden: Commodore (Omega and International)

E78 Vehicle List:
Engine codes: L96 (6.0L), LUJ (1.4L Turbo)
As used in...
2011 Chevrolet 2500HD Truck
2011 Chevrolet Cruze Turbo

Known issues for the current release with regards to the E39 & E78 (these will be addressed in a future update).

DMA PID's for the E39 / E78 cannot be logged from V7 Scan direct, BBL is the only way to capture DMA PID's.
Full Flash and locking is not yet available for the E39 or E78.

We also request if you read any stock tunes from these vehicles to please send them to support@efilive.com

If you encounter any problems using any part of the V8 software, please post about it in this thread.

Regards
Paul

GAMEOVER
October 1st, 2010, 06:32 PM
Cool...:D
New stuff to try out!

nevinsb
October 1st, 2010, 06:35 PM
Too bad it isn't on the update server yet, I actually have to go to the efilive download section to get it. :)

nevinsb
October 1st, 2010, 06:50 PM
On the V8 tuning software, does the little gear looking icon for "Configure Menu Item Properties" look like it has extra text on the right side of it? This is under EFILive Scan And Tune > Black Box Settings > F3: Tune.

Tordne
October 1st, 2010, 08:27 PM
Updates are only offered when the product moves out of Beta phase ;) Otherwise unsuspecting customers might end up running a version they didn't intend to.

Blacky
October 1st, 2010, 10:11 PM
On the V8 tuning software, does the little gear looking icon for "Configure Menu Item Properties" look like it has extra text on the right side of it? This is under EFILive Scan And Tune > Black Box Settings > F3: Tune.
Probably, yes. There's a bug in the dev environment that keeps putting the text back after I remove it.
I need to manually delete it each time before the final build(s) - I must have forgotten.
Regards
Paul

Cougar281
October 3rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
The BBX menu doesn't appear to be able to read the current PID lists from my Autocals. Haven't tried my V2 yet since it's not available at the moment, will try tomorrow.

Tordne
October 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Did you update the firmware on the AutoCal device before trying to read the PID list?

Cougar281
October 4th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Did you update the firmware on the AutoCal device before trying to road the PID list?

Yes.

Cougar281
October 6th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Same thing happens with my V2. Reading the device settings works fine on both.

Blacky
October 6th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Same thing happens with my V2. Reading the device settings works fine on both.
Looking into it...
Paul

retroswaps
October 7th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Hi,

Will support be coming for the LLT 3.6L SIDI in the 2010/11 camaro?

Tordne
October 7th, 2010, 02:52 PM
No plans to support the 3.6 SIDI ECM at all, it's a Bosch which are much more difficult to deal with than the Delphi.

driver456
October 8th, 2010, 11:31 AM
In BB settings,scan & tune,There use to be save and then program.How do I program the V2.I don't see it anymore.Or did I miss something some where............Paul

Blacky
October 15th, 2010, 04:53 PM
An update is available here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14608-UPDATE-V8-Pass-Through-Reading-Flashing-Support-%28pre-release%29
It addresses some of the issues raised in the past couple of weeks.

Regards
Paul