PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help in my WB set up

n8dogg
October 2nd, 2010, 10:37 AM
So I have my LC-1 and WB Sensor in place of my narrow band. Everything appears to be connected correctly. I am using the serial out to my Flashscan.

How come the Flashscan only reads free air 20.8%. How do I get it to read AFR? Also how do I get the Scan tool to read my new sensor.

Thanks guys!

Taz
October 2nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Joecar recently helped a member with similar questions regarding the LC-1 ... the thread below is a long read ... but it will probably be helpful to you in the end....

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14279-Wiring-L92-with-O2-sensors

This is not an area of expertise for me ... just pointing you in the right direction.

Regards,
Taz

joecar
October 2nd, 2010, 07:35 PM
Is the LC-1 black wire shorted to anything (if the LED is connected, is it not lit (i.e. wired backwards)...?)...?

n8dogg
October 3rd, 2010, 03:35 AM
Is the LC-1 black wire shorted to anything (if the LED is connected, is it not lit (i.e. wired backwards)...?)...?
Hey Joe,
No the LED works properly. The LC-1 goes through its tests just fine. Even the FlashScan displays the correct LC-1 status. But once the heater warms up I am not sure if its going through the fresh air test or displaying the oxygen content. But it displays fresh air 20.7% or 20.8%. I guess I will do some more reading. A lot of the stuff in the tutorials are like another language to me, so I have a hard time comprehending. I usually do better with trial and error.

joecar
October 3rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Post a log including all the WO2 pids.

Sanity check, did you do:
- heater calibration,
- free air calibration;

A display of 20.8% means the LC-1 is seeing air only (no burnt fuel/air mix)... is engine running...?

When LC-1 is powered on, does LED flash for about 20 seconds and then stays on steady...?

n8dogg
October 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Post a log including all the WO2 pids.

Sanity check, did you do:
- heater calibration,
- free air calibration;

A display of 20.8% means the LC-1 is seeing air only (no burnt fuel/air mix)... is engine running...?

When LC-1 is powered on, does LED flash for about 20 seconds and then stays on steady...?

I'm sorry I should have been more clear. The reading is when the sensor is not installed in the exhaust. I didn't want to install it until I knew it was operating correctly. So thats OK to see that reading then? How do I change it to read AFR and not %?

mr.prick
October 3rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
What makes you think it is calibrating instead of just warming up?
20.8% is when in free air, with the heater calibration you'll see a count down.

joecar
October 3rd, 2010, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry I should have been more clear. The reading is when the sensor is not installed in the exhaust. I didn't want to install it until I knew it was operating correctly. So thats OK to see that reading then? How do I change it to read AFR and not %?Yes, when it sees air only then it says 20.8%.

Spray some brake cleaner into a rag and place the rag over the sensor, V2 should display AFR with a rich tendency.

n8dogg
October 3rd, 2010, 04:45 PM
good tip, I'll give her a shot.