PDA

View Full Version : please look at my log - 100 hp LBZ

Boost
October 3rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
I flashed a 100 hp tune into this truck. It runs very well and smooth, extremely strong. For the first time I selected some trans. PIDs to try to monitor and evaluate slippage (I know that this much power is surely hurting the stock Allison, it's just a matter of time).
However, some never slip just look a little burnt when taken apart. Anyways...

Please let me know if I am selecting the correct and best PIDs to keep tabs on slippage, and how much is allowable / normal. Also, if there are any insights on the other readings such as fuel pressures and whatnot, I greatly apprectiate it. As stated, this is a solid tune and runs outstanding, given the obvious risks and effects. Thanks!!!

Dozerboy
October 5th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I didn't look at your log but you need to log Trans slip and TQ converter lock up(not sure if thats the exact name). If you don't want to trash you trans you need to have no slip when the converter is locked. A few little blips of 100Rpms or more even isn't bad probably, but you don't want a steady amount of slip. Without a transgo even before I ever tuned my truck is slipped some though.

Boost
October 5th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I totally agree that stock Allys can get thrashed and much more so with a 100 hp tune. But what of dozens of LBZs I know on a 500 hp program which haven't "noticeably" slipped or limped YET, are they not slipping or withstanding damage for some reason? Just curious, maybe the driving style?

bballer182
October 6th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I've got a 490-500ish tune that has never slipped my trans. But i only credit that to driving style and nothing else.