PDA

View Full Version : unable to drag tunes to BBL via EE

MikeyC
October 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Is there any way I can reset or do something to drag my tunes to the BBL? This happened all of a sudden and I'm totally clueless. Please speak plain english as I'm not a computer wiz or an engineer. =)

txchevy
October 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
you and me both.

ScarabEpic22
October 3rd, 2010, 06:51 PM
What version of V8 are you guys running?

txchevy
October 3rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
The latest and greatest.
With the previous version it worked great.When I updated to the latest on both of them,neither laptop will drag them to explorer.
No error codes either
Thanks Erik

Tordne
October 3rd, 2010, 07:24 PM
Have you tried uninstalling the V8 software completely and reinstalling fresh? If you do try this just take copies your 'C:\Program Files\V8' and 'My Documents\EFILive\V8' folders before uninstalling and delete them before reinstalling, that will ensure clean files will be created. I'm not hearing any major issues from other customers (which I would expect to) so I' assuming for the moment it must be customer specific.

txchevy
October 3rd, 2010, 07:36 PM
I think so also.I did uninstall and reinstall,i will do what you said and email you.

Chevy366
October 4th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Noticed that as well , just did copy>paste and it worked , just thought maybe they took the drag-n-drop out .
Latest version .

MikeyC
October 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Noticed that as well , just did copy>paste and it worked , just thought maybe they took the drag-n-drop out .
Latest version .

What did you copy and where did you paste?

txchevy
October 4th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Boy do I feel like an idiot.LOL I have been trying to drag them like I always have,didnt even think about copy and paste:wallbash:
Thanks

Chevy366
October 5th, 2010, 05:21 AM
What did you copy and where did you paste?
The .tun or .ctd file in EE to the V2 .
In EE once the V2 is plugged in the software allows you to move files from the upper section (Program Files>EFILive>7.5>Bins) to the lower , the lower (Tuning tab selected) being the V2 memory that is used to Black Box Flash the PCM .

turbo_bu
October 5th, 2010, 05:26 AM
The .tun or .ctd file in EE to the V2 .
In EE once the V2 is plugged in the software allows you to move files from the upper section (Program Files>EFILive>7.5>Bins) to the lower , the lower (Tuning tab selected) being the V2 memory that is used to Black Box Flash the PCM .

Makes anyone feel any better, I was trying to update the pmm files under the Config portion and it also would not drag / drop. Ended up coping and pasting.

MikeyC
October 5th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Boy do I feel like an idiot.LOL I have been trying to drag them like I always have,didnt even think about copy and paste:wallbash:
Thanks

you and me both ;)

joecar
October 5th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I can't make this problen happen...?

Chevy366
October 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM
If I try and drag-n-drop a file I get a circle with a slash through it and file will not transfer , but if I do copy-n-paste works , and if a file with the same name is there it asks if I want to overwrite or not (which it should) .
But no drag-n-drop !
Build 133 ST-n-TT , S-n-T Build 115 , (don't have unit next to me) firmware is what corresponds to build numbers .