PDA

View Full Version : Fuel milage ??'s

Troop
October 4th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Has anyone had success increasing fuel milage with this product?

nevinsb
October 4th, 2010, 10:56 AM
There are several ways such as "Lean Cruise" DFCO settings, transmission, spark, and AFT tuning to increase mileage. My truck with modifications gets better fuel mileage than I did without them.

Taz
October 4th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Have look at the information in the "Tuning for Economy" and "Cax File" Forums ... several approachs to improve fuel economy ... magnitude of improvement depends on the vehicle and its intended use ...

Regards,
Taz

minytrker
October 4th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Has anyone had success increasing fuel milage with this product?

That is a very general question as EFI Live is only as good as the person using it. If your asking can making the correct changes with EFI Live increase my fuel mileage the answer is yes.

Troop
October 4th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Ok sounds good, what about an '03 6.0 L chevy in a 3/4 ton 4 wheel dr pickup? There must be a lot of variables, as I am very ignorant with this product, but what type of increase(mpg) could be expected without loss of power?

nevinsb
October 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM
You can gain mileage and power if tuning is done correctly. With just tuning alone, I went from about 22 to 24 mpg on my truck.

ScarabEpic22
October 5th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Troop, just clarifying, EFILive isnt something you just plug n play, you have to spend lots of time learning HOW to tune your truck yourself. If you just want mileage and dont want to spend time learning how to do it, then maybe buying a tune from a vendor is a better option. Not trying to scare you off if you want to learn, but from your posts in here Im getting the vibe you think that you just plug EFILive into your truck and BAM, instant mileage improvement. Not the case at all, EFILive is simply a tool and not an end result.

Troop
October 6th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Thankyou, I appriciate the feedback. I already have a hypertech program installed and it does make a difference in power but not mpg. I understand that efi live is a much more complex system, I guess the question I should be asking is Will the efi live show me enough increase in mpg(over time) to justify the cost of the product?

WeathermanShawn
October 6th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Thankyou, I appriciate the feedback. I already have a hypertech program installed and it does make a difference in power but not mpg. I understand that efi live is a much more complex system, I guess the question I should be asking is Will the efi live show me enough increase in mpg(over time) to justify the cost of the product?

Not really.

If you say currently get ~ 20 MPG, and at most gained 2 mpg through tuning (thats a lot)...with a 15 gallon tank that would be ~ 30 more miles per tank.

That would be an extra 1.5 gallons saved. 1.5 gal X #3.00 gal = $4.50 per tank.

If you fill up once a week, it would take ~ 130 weeks to make up $600...Close to 3 years.

Somebody check my math, but in reality you could save more just by properly inflating your tires. While it is a source of pride to save gasoline, the real fun with this product is the joy of tuning.

It is far superior to the product you mentioned, but I would not purchase the product solely for the purpose of picking up a few mpg.

Thats my humble opinion..