PDA

View Full Version : $Cash To Someone That Can Help Me

Dmaxx 02
October 6th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Ok, this is no joke or scam here. I'm going to try this option first before I take my truck to the dealer and pay them to help me resolve. I'm willing to send the person $50 if you help me fix my problem. The issue I will detail out below. If you can get my Security Light to go out, send me your address and I will send you the money. Period. No joke.

My truck is a 2002 LB7 Duramax - ZF-6 speed manual.

I had my original ECM get corrupted(brain dead) when trying to full flash in a DSP5 tune set up. Ordered a brand new ECM with the DSP5 tune loaded for me. Installed the ECM with the correct wiring harness mods. Truck ran fine, no issues, all tunes worked. HOWEVER, the Security light has been on ever since the new ECM was installed.

You can eliminate all of these suggestions: VAT Relink - been there done that, doesn't do the trick. Clear codes with the V2 - The Security light throws no codes, therefore it allows the truck to run just fine. In EFI Live - confirm that correct vehicle VIN is loaded, YES the correct VIN is loaded and VAT Relink was done several times before and after this. Key ON Key Off for 10 minutes 3X routine - doesn't work. My truck starts and this process does absolutely nothing for me.

(Also my truck is a stripped down manual everything truck. No power windows, locks, etc. The Security light is most likely not being triggered by a true Security theft issue. It wasn't broken into ever. My assumption is it's triggered by the new ECM only)

So the deal with the $50 is if you can recommend a fix that I can do and not the dealer. The $50 is to save me hundreds for the dealer to goof with it and hopefully with a Tech 2 do something miraculous to fix it. Hopefully somebody really good with EFI Live and Duramax tuning can help me figure this out. I need to sell my truck and cannot with a stupid Security light flashing in their face. You tell me what I can do to get it done (the correct way and not disconnecting it....) I will be happy to honor sending you fifty bucks for your efforts.

Thanks very much.

ChipsByAl
October 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM
The vehicle is in tamper mode, that is why the security light is flashing. The BCM turns this light on through the Cluster. The BCM needs to be scanned. Has the ECM DTC P1631 been changed to "Not Reported"? Can you flash a stock program back in and see what happens?
AL
PS. I don't want your money!

Dmaxx 02
October 6th, 2010, 03:44 PM
The vehicle is in tamper mode, that is why the security light is flashing. The BCM turns this light on through the Cluster. The BCM needs to be scanned. Has the ECM DTC P1631 been changed to "Not Reported"? Can you flash a stock program back in and see what happens?
AL
PS. I don't want your money!

That was one thing I forgot to mention. Yes I did just do a full flash update back to the original stock tune (including setting code G0301 to disable). The truck runs fine currently. Just the light is still staying lit. Also to clarify, while running the Security light stays lit constantly. It doesn't flash. During key on ignition it toggles bewteen the red battery warning symbol and then goes to the yellow security light.

I'm not sure I followed you on the DTC P1631 being changed to "Not Reported". Can you elaborate on that?

And I'm serious about the money. If I can get this light off I'm making good on the offer.

Thank you.

InTruckDesign
October 7th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Had this happen to an old '01, ended up being a bad BCM and security module...alot more than your cheap 50 dollar fix.

ChipsByAl
October 7th, 2010, 03:38 AM
(including setting code G0301 to disable) So you didn't program it completely back to stock. If it is set to "enable" will the truck start? If not, you need to scan the ECM and BCM and look at the data and codes to see why it doesn't.
AL

Dmaxx 02
October 7th, 2010, 03:45 AM
So is it possible that the process of the DSP5 full flash corrupting my original ECM also affected the BCM control module?

Can a Tech 2 machine correct this?

Looks like I'm headed to the dealer afterall.

Dmaxx 02
October 7th, 2010, 03:47 AM
So you didn't program it completely back to stock. If it is set to "enable" will the truck start? If not, you need to scan the ECM and BCM and look at the data and codes to see why it doesn't.
AL

The DSP5 tune had G0301 set to enable. Truck ran fine. Stock tune was loaded with G0301 set to enable. Ran fine. Stock tune changed to G0301 set to disable. Truck ran fine. Security light on in all occassions. Not fine.

GMPX
October 7th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Cindy requested on another forum you Email support your original 'as read' file to us, the ECM may have been bad from day one.

Dmaxx 02
October 7th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Cindy requested on another forum you Email support your original 'as read' file to us, the ECM may have been bad from day one.

Can you clarify for me what's meant by 'as read' file? Do you mean the current stock tune file as loaded in my current ECM?

Thanks

ScarabEpic22
October 7th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Can you clarify for me what's meant by 'as read' file? Do you mean the current stock tune file as loaded in my current ECM?

Thanks

Yes, read the tune that is causing this issue out and email it to EFILive.

Dmaxx 02
January 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Just to officially close this posting thread. For others that have this same situation with their security light being on.

The GM dealership had to re-sync my BCM and ECM module to turn the light off. $120 later, problem solved.

Be careful switching your ECM's completely.

One wrong EFI Live tune install has cost me more head ache than you can imagine.

turbo_bu
January 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Quick follow up question then .... so, if I went ahead and swapped ECM's and did the VAT relearn before I did any DSP, I should be OK???? Just trying to better understand what the difference between the VAT relearn and re-sync is.

Dmaxx 02
January 11th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Quick follow up question then .... so, if I went ahead and swapped ECM's and did the VAT relearn before I did any DSP, I should be OK???? Just trying to better understand what the difference between the VAT relearn and re-sync is.

I'm not sure if that sequence will help or not. Perhaps someone with more experience can comment there.

My situation was a dead ECM from a hung DSP tune load. I had a brand new(or what I thought to be) ECM loaded with DSP5 for mine. Whether is was something in the new ECM or just the DSP tunes being loaded, I will never know.

All I can say is if your security light comes on, EFI Live cannot fix the problem. Dealer only.