PDA

View Full Version : Custom OS not showing up after full reflash

ChucksZ06
October 7th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I have an 02 corvette. I found the correct cos number for my car and did a full reflash of the pcm with said cos. I then calibration only flashed the tune file to the pcm. The only difference with the tune is the "parameters" listed under the cos heading. A0001, A0002, ... are all missing. It is like nothing changed. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

macca_779
October 7th, 2010, 03:00 PM
You have to pull the tune out once you have cal flashed

ChucksZ06
October 7th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for reply. I do not understand what you mean by "pulling the tune out" I also have v1 commercial. It shows cos but maybe I need v2?

joecar
October 7th, 2010, 03:59 PM
You now have to read the tune from the PCM and save to file.

Then you have to fix the out-of-range cells, and do a cal-only flash.

You are fine with V1.

ChucksZ06
October 7th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I read the tune from the pcm and saved it to file. Do I have to read the cos tune only from the pcm, save to file, fix out of range cells, and then do the cal only flash? I did not do those in that order. thanks for response joecar.

ScarabEpic22
October 7th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Order is:
Full flash COS
Cal flash original OS (into the now COS)
Read tune back out (COS + cal)
Modify out of range cells and cal flash

ChucksZ06
October 8th, 2010, 03:15 AM
That is the order I did it in and all the flashes worked. I only have the "parameter" section showing up under the cos section. I will redo the process again. Thank you Erik

joecar
October 8th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Post your read back file here.

Which version of V7 software are you using (do Help->About)...?

Chevy366
October 8th, 2010, 07:16 AM
COS requirements : Installing a Custom Operating System requires a full operating system re-flash of the Controller into which the Custom Operating System is to be deployed. Full re-flashing is only available with FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune, and FlashScan V1 Commercial options. However, you can tune any pre-installed EFILive Custom Operating System with FlashScan V1 Personal version. Of course, your FlashScan interface needs to support the vehicle you wish to install your chosen Custom Operating System on.

ChucksZ06
October 8th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all the responses gentlemen. I was doing the flashing correctly...I just did not understand the tutorial completely. The directions indicate 01, 02,..., 99. I wrongly assumed those were just a series of numbers and I arbitrarily selected 01 not realizing that I was selecting which cos I was installing. I more carefully read the tutorial directions and seeing only 1,2,3 or 5 as choices on my computor I realized those last 2 numbers were what selected the cos. I redid my flashes and everything is there. So are those ve tps tables to enable alpha n tuning like you can do with aftermarket controllers and if so are their any example files for those. Thanks again. Chuck

joecar
October 8th, 2010, 03:18 PM
See the attachment in post #312 of the COS5 thread: showthread.php?2599-Custom-OS-5 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?2599-Custom-OS-5&p=130954#post130954)

ChucksZ06
October 8th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for directions Joecar. My cam is probably not big enough to need the tps ve tables but is nice to know it is there.