PDA

View Full Version : disabling LTFT's

bigblock69
October 9th, 2010, 05:37 AM
I am trying the autove process, set LTFT's to disable but I'm still getting a reading when data logging. I also had reading at WOT when I was trying the CALCVE method. Shouldn't they 0 out.

I only disabled the LTFT's do I need to disable STFT's also.

WeathermanShawn
October 9th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Hi..Welcome to the Forum.

For AutoVE you want to disable both the LTFT's and STFT's. You also want to force your car into open-loop.

CALC.VE Table is a totally different approach. There you are utilizing closed-loop (all the Trims enabled). It is for those utilizing closed-loop along with the MAF. The VE Table is simply calculated.

It all depends on your goals. There are tons of threads on each, so just do some research as to what method will work best for you.

Good luck..

bigblock69
October 9th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Thanks, I was at first doing the CALC.VE but I screwed up and descreened my MAF. so i was going to try SD mode to see if i like it better.

also when I was doing CALC.VE with both the LTFT and STFT enabled, at WOT my LTFT's still had a reading. is that normal or are they suppose to read 0?

WeathermanShawn
October 9th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Positive LTFT's are actually carried over into WOT. The GM engineers figured if you were lean in closed-loop, you needed the extra fuel at WOT.

Negative Trims will go to zero. Thats why when you tune CALC.VE Table, the goal is not to carry any +LTFT's into WOT. It messes up the calculation.

SD mode will work for you. Read the AUTOVE on how to disable closed-loop. It may take some work via the wideband, but thats the fun of tuning. If you ever decide to utilize closed-loop and MAF, then CALC.VE Table would work for you.

Have fun..

bigblock69
October 9th, 2010, 06:18 AM
I had thought that I had screwed something up. that makes sense now.
Thanks for the help and quick response.