PDA

View Full Version : says WARNING INCORRECT ETC TABLES on stock tune???

conor
October 11th, 2010, 01:16 PM
It started to say that with my tune, so I downloaded the stock tune from holden crazy on a 98 TA automatic, and it does the same thing.
As soon as I connect the flashscan it says :
Warning currently loaded calibration contains 1 or more incorrect electronic throttle control tables.
Why would it say that?
Any way to fix it so it does not pop up if it is just an error?
Hope this is the right section. Thanks

joecar
October 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hi Conor,

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Can you please post your tune file here.

Do you have FlashScan v1 or V2...?

Which version of scantool/tunetool software (do Help->About)...?

conor
October 11th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Well I'll start by clarifying I do not know much at all about efi tuning or the software yet haha..
I'm reading a Banish book now to help and poking around ls1tech's pcm tuning section and this site to help gather info.
I have not personally edited anything engine wise (someone did change AFR because I have bolt ons)

I bought the efi live used locally.
I was told it was the v1 upgraded to v2 commercial unlimited 97-98 ls tuning 1 licence was used on a truck and have 1 still left. Box has stickers that say PRO-C2 upgraded efi pro ro fs commercial. The guy said I could not buy any additional licenses for it because of that?? Does all this sound correct?

5.7ute
October 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Yep. Once upgraded the V1 cannot have any new licenses added to it. The 98 stream came with them from new & should still be active, not sure on the unused license. But since it was one of the licenses bought with the V! it should still be usable.
Your file opens fine for me with no warnings. However I dont have my device hooked in to the pc to see the ETC parameters. Does the warning still appear even when you dont have the flashcan connected?

conor
October 11th, 2010, 02:37 PM
No. It says something about a demo version when I start it up without flashscan connected, even tho I think I registered it correctly.
The warning demo notification does not come on if the flashscan is connected but the other error or warning pops up.

5.7ute
October 11th, 2010, 03:18 PM
You haven't registered it correctly if it starts in demo mode without flashcan connected.
Does the 98 TA use an electronic TB.

ScarabEpic22
October 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM
You haven't registered it correctly if it starts in demo mode without flashcan connected.
Does the 98 TA use an electronic TB.

Yep, registration details arent correct then.

I dont think they do, should be an LS1 cable tb. I thought only Vettes got DBW in 98/99, took until 03 for most cars/trucks to get it.

5.7ute
October 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM
A quick search (Not really quick as this new search function is hopeless IMO)says that this warning is normal on non ETC vehicles. It was put there to ensure this calibration was not flashed into an ETC vehicle which would brick the PCM.

conor
October 11th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Its cable driven tb. I though I entered the correct serial number into it to register, but I'll have to check it again.

joecar
October 11th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Did you get a blue card with the registration key and date on it...?

Also, update your V7 software from here: Download Software (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

Also, to flash your 1998, no license is required (if it asks for one, stop).

Blacky
October 11th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Its cable driven tb. I though I entered the correct serial number into it to register, but I'll have to check it again.
The warning will show regardless of the vehicle you are flashing.

There is no 100% foolproof way for the software to know whether the target vehicle has a cable or electronic throttle.
The warning is there to remind users that if they are flashing the calibration into a vehicle with an electronic throttle that it may cause the PCM to fail.
If you are flashing into a cable throttle vehicle then you can safely ignore the warning.

Regards
Paul

conor
October 12th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Yeah I got the blue card, I'll have to try and re-enter the numbers.
It didnt ask for a license to flash my 98.
I'll make sure I have the latest software after I get done working today.
Thanks