PDA

View Full Version : Known issues in V7.1.16

Blacky
January 16th, 2005, 09:24 PM
The following is a list of confirmed issues with the current release of the EFILive V7.1.6 software.
We are working on an update (V7.1.7) to fix them. The update will be ready for beta testing in the next day or two. We expect that V7.1.7 will be released sometime soon after that.

Known issues in V7.1.6 public release

Problem:
A small set of PCMs cannot be unsecured by EFILive. This prevents any reading or reprogramming of those PCMs.
Temporary workaround:
None.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
Save icon is not enabled after loading a PCM calibration with an unsupported operating system
Temporary workaround:
After loading an unsupported PCM calibration, click on the "Show blending and smoothing window" toolbar icon and close the window. That process will refresh and enable the "save as..." toolbar icon.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
Uploading black-box logging can fail for various reasons - usually due to data checksum errors. EFILive should discard the frame with the checksum error and recover with the next frame. Instead, EFILive is bailing-out on the bad checksum and not attempting to recover.
Temporary partial workaround:
Configure the FlashScan cable with the Validate PIDs option. That will reset the black-box logging memory. Then reconfigure the FlashScan cable with the PIDs you wish to log and retry black-box logging.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
If a PCM has a blank VIN, EFILive Scan Tool is not handling it correctly.
Temporary workaround:
Don't use PCMs with blank VINs.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
Reading a PCM can take too long. EFILive will drop down to 1X speed if it encounters too much noise on the class-2 data bus. It should only drop down to 1X mode after a number of failures at 4X. Currently it is dropping down on the first failure.
Temporary workaround:
None.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
FlashScan's MEM LED is not being extinguished after reconfiguring the black-box logging. That process clears the log files and should extinguish the MEM LED.
Temporary workaround:
Power down FlashScan
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
Some operating systems are not supported.
Please send your unsupported operating system *.tun files to support@efilive.com and we will add them as soon as we can.
Temporary workaround:
None.
Some new OS's will be added in V7.1.7

Problem:
Toolbar customization checkboxes are grayed out and cannot be used in the Scan Tool.
Temporary workaround:
None.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
Can't easily copy data (without data labels) from maps in Scan Tool. Standard Copy feature is incorrectly implemented as Copy Special.
Temporary workaround:
Paste data into Excel and re-copy only the data that you require.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
Ok and Cancel buttons do not work in Customer Details window of the Scan Tool.
Temporary workaround:
Use the [X] button in the window ttitle bar to close the window.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Problem:
Speedo calculator did not include "Vehicle speed ratio" - required for corvettes due to their transaxle configuration.
Temporary workaround:
None.
Fixed in V7.1.7

Known issues in V7.1.7 RC2

V7.1.7 RC2 (release candidate 2) is currently being tested by the beta test group. The following issues have been reported and will be fixed prior to the public release.

Problem:
Built in wide band O2 PIDs for TechEdge and PLX have default limts of 0..5. This should be changed to 9..19 for TechEdge and 10..20 for PLX
Temporary workaround:
Change the limits specified in the sae_generic.txt file for the following SLOTS:

*CLC-00-908
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 9.0 19.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}*2+9"

*CLC-00-909
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}"
AFR 9.0 19.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}*2+9"

*CLC-00-910
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .1 "{EXT.AD1}*2+10"

*CLC-00-911
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}"
AFR 10.0 20.0 .1 "{EXT.AD2}*2+10"

Fixed in V7.1.7 RC3

Earl H
January 19th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Any news on an eta?

Blacky
January 20th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Been a busy week - the updated software should be available before the weekend.
Fixed a bunch of bugs listed above.
Finally ironed out the glitches in the speedo calculator - thanks to jpilla and his expertise.
Ross also squeezed some extra spark PIDs in that make it much easier to to tune the spark tables.
The seed/key problem is sorted and you should be right to go by Friday.

Regards
Paul

Z16DNA
January 20th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Good news Paul, So was the problem with the speedometer calibration on my truck related to software? I sent my .tun file.

Thank you again for all your guys hard work. I love the program... And your great support makes it soooo much better...

Blacky
January 21st, 2005, 02:43 AM
Good news Paul, So was the problem with the speedometer calibration on my truck related to software? I sent my .tun file.

Thank you again for all your guys hard work. I love the program... And your great support makes it soooo much better...

It could possibly be related, I did not get any email with a *.tun file attached. Can you try sending it again to paul@efilive.com. I will check it with the new speedo calculator.
Paul

emarkay
January 21st, 2005, 03:22 AM
Paul, see a few probs with email file attachments and the like.

What ever happened to the password protected ftp server?

Or maybe a private filetransfer web page - I know there are a few out there.

Just an idea.

MRK

Z16DNA
January 21st, 2005, 04:44 PM
Paul, re-sent it from my home account. Hopefully it makes it through.

Blacky
January 21st, 2005, 05:43 PM
Paul, see a few probs with email file attachments and the like.

What ever happened to the password protected ftp server?

Or maybe a private filetransfer web page - I know there are a few out there.

Just an idea.

MRK

Hmmm, good idea to get the ftp area active again.
Paul

Blacky
January 21st, 2005, 05:50 PM

Got it thanks - I'll take a look a bit later.
Paul

Blacky
January 22nd, 2005, 01:02 PM

Got it thanks - I'll take a look a bit later.
Paul

The speedo settings in your *.tun file appear very messed up. Is that file the original factory tune that came from your PCM?

Regards
Paul

Z16DNA
January 23rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Paul, yes that is what I down loaded from the PCM. Very wierd. Also when I reload it back into my PCM it works great, no issues. I've had 33.2" tires on the truck for about 7 months and 8K miles. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Kevin

Blacky
January 23rd, 2005, 03:35 PM
Paul, yes that is what I down loaded from the PCM. Very wierd. Also when I reload it back into my PCM it works great, no issues. I've had 33.2" tires on the truck for about 7 months and 8K miles. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Kevin

Ok, I'll do some more "figuring out" to see why they are set up that way.
For now, leave them at their factory settings.
Paul

Blacky
January 23rd, 2005, 09:14 PM
The second beta version of V7.1.7 has been released, if it is given the ok by the beta testers, then it will be released in the next 24 hours.

Regards
Paul

Z16DNA
January 24th, 2005, 06:46 AM
THank you for your help Paul. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Blacky
January 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
New "known issues" for V7.1.7 RC2 posted. See end of first message for details.

The public release of V7.1.7 was going to be today - but a hard disk crash last night put an end to that. Once the drive has been replaced and data restored, the V7.1.7 version will be released.

Paul