PDA

View Full Version : Lots of connection issues.

rally1
October 14th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I am having a lot of issues with connection of my V2, I use it every day and have a list as long as my arm of connection issues that I just can’t solve so some direction and help would be a great as I am really getting close throwing my lap top across the dyno room.

Some of the issue are,

When reading an E38 it will connect and start reading but about half way through it will stop reading and lock the tune tool.

When trying to program after using the scan tool it goes through all the connecting stages, reads serial numbers etc but when it try’s to erase the ECU it comes up with the following message “not able to determine license status” (I have an unlimited license) I have to unplug the unit from the car and USB port for it to work, if I don’t us the scan tool in between programming I have no issues.

The scan tool freezes half way through a power run and restarts around 1500rpm later, other programs keep running at the same time so I don’t think its the laptop.

When programming a LS1 PCM around 50% of the time it will scan for the cable, recover V2 scan cable serial number etc but just before it try’s to erase the PCM it comes up with “no cable” I press enter and most of the time it will start over and then programme ok.

There are other issues but I just can’t remember them all at the moment.

We have two laptops both running windows7 we also have 2 V2 units and both have the same faults so i think it might be driver issue, I have the latest firmware and software, have reinstalled drivers, we have tried to run the FT cleaner but not 100% sure how it works so information on this would be great.

Thanks in advance for any info that might fix these issues.

Tordne
October 14th, 2010, 05:56 PM
So just to confirm latest versions of everything should have you at 7.5.6 build 133, 8.1.2 Build 115 and 2.06.41 V2 firmware. Is that what you have installed?

Also check this setting; Run the Scan Tool, select the 'Edit->Properties' menu. On the 'Connection' tab page, set the Preferred interface cable type to "EFILive FlashScan V2 (HAPI)". Then uncheck the Scan all cable types.

Regards,

swingtan
October 15th, 2010, 12:06 AM
2 separate V2's having the same issue on 2 separate Windows 7 machines sounds like an OS issue or application conflict. The only other thing I'd look at is the USB cable. I actually had massive issues earlier this week when I couldn't connect to the V2 at all, only to find I'd used a differnet USB cable that had the additional USB power plug on it.... I'd only plugged in the power plug, not the data plug.....

If you are sure the cable is OK, go through the usual OS software checks...

Shutdown all other applications, including applications hidden on the start-bar.
Remove any other USB devices, external HDD's, WiFi/BT dongles, other USB devices.
Disable any AV protection. Some AV products will attempt to "protect" the USB ports.

In Scan tool, for the E38, do the following under <Edit>-<Properties>

Under <Connection>

Preferred Interface Cable Type = EFILive Flashscan V2.5 (HAPI)

Under <Logging>

Set Log Files, Frames x1000 to 1000 (27:46:40 @ 10 fps )
Set the mode to "dynamic"
Set Priority 2 frames to 1 packet every 10 frames
Set Priority 3 frames to 1 packet every 5 frames

See if any of that helps.

Simon.

rally1
October 18th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks guys, changing the settings for Preferred Interface Cable Type = EFILive Flashscan V2.5 (HAPI) has made all the deference, I had all those things set on my old XP laptop but when I changed to windows 7 I missed changing them. Thanks for your help.

ScarabEpic22
October 19th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Thanks guys, changing the settings for Preferred Interface Cable Type = EFILive Flashscan V2.5 (HAPI) has made all the deference, I had all those things set on my old XP laptop but when I changed to windows 7 I missed changing them. Thanks for your help.

Yea I have to do this on my laptop as well, before I did it I was having a bunch of random miscellaneous issues popping up. Wish it was the default, but there are still a ton of V1 cables floating around.