PDA

View Full Version : Generated vs actual A/F discrepancy

mysunnshine
October 15th, 2010, 04:33 AM
I'm using a Autronics air/fuel meter and I'm having an issue where the A/F shown on the Autronic hand-held is about .4 off of what is shown in the EfiLive software on my laptop. How do I recalibrate the software(PID) to show what's shown exactly on the hand-held?

mr.prick
October 15th, 2010, 08:47 AM
It may just the speed of the the device.
You see one number on a gauge or through serial connection but another from analog. :nixweiss:

Most of the WBO2 manufacturers give rounded numbers for slope & intercept that we use for PID expressions.

Harrismarine
November 6th, 2010, 12:27 PM
I'm using a Autronics air/fuel meter and I'm having an issue where the A/F shown on the Autronic hand-held is about .4 off of what is shown in the EfiLive software on my laptop. How do I recalibrate the software(PID) to show what's shown exactly on the hand-held?

I am having the same issue, can we calibrate so they read the same?

limited cv8r
November 6th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Have a look through this pdf for your Autronics air/fuel meter. Check out functions 7 , 9 ,& 10. My Autronic used to match up perfectly with my V1, but I also got the .4 offset when using V2. From memory I think I had to recalibrate the AD inputs on the V2 , but I may have also played with the Autronic settings as well. Hope this helps.

mr.prick
November 6th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Use an AA battery to see if your AD inputs are reading correctly.
Can the WBO2 can be made to emit a set voltage to compare it to what Flashscan shows?

limited cv8r
September 7th, 2014, 03:52 AM
I have ended up changing my sae_generic.txt from "{EXT.AD1}*4+10" to "{EXT.AD1}*4.5+10" and now the efilive scan tool numbers match the dyno and autronic unit.

joecar
September 7th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Interesting... thanks for posting.