PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure PID

odd boy
October 15th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Hi every one,

what PID should I log for oil pressure? I need it for LS-1, I found the one for E-38 under conditions.

thanks in advance

Taz
October 15th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Try GM.ENGOILP ... I believe there are other PIDS for calculated oil pressure and oil pressure sensor voltage.

Regards,
Taz

odd boy
October 15th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I found voltage, can we convert it to pressure?

Taz
October 15th, 2010, 10:34 PM
If the scanner is connected to the LS1-B style PCM, or an appropriate VIN entered in the scanner ... GM.ENGOILP should be available. If the last PCM you scanned was an E38 ... scanner may be displaying PIDs appropriate for E38s.

OEM oil pressure gauge sender is usually 0 PSI (0 kPa) to 80 PSI (550 kPa). 0 PSI is equivalent to a resistance of 1 ohm, 80 PSI to 88 ohms. Can't recall the ohms / voltage relationship ... will need to look it up ... probably a way to convert if you are unable to select GM.ENGOILP

Regards,
Taz

odd boy
October 15th, 2010, 11:24 PM
it won't be easy to relate Ohms with Volts, V=IR ========> volts = Current x Resistance

Ninety8C5
October 16th, 2010, 03:13 PM
This works for the LS1_A PCMs.

odd boy
October 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
thx

BustedTruck
October 19th, 2010, 03:54 PM
This works for the LS1_A PCMs.

I am having the same problem. I am a total newb just trying to learn. What do I do with the attatched file?

joecar
October 19th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Copy it to: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

BustedTruck
October 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Copy it to: My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

Ok I have done that, but I still do not see the PID listed. What am I doing wrong?

joecar
October 20th, 2010, 02:21 PM
On the PIDs tab, locate and select the pids GM.EOPS and CALC.OIL_PRESSURE;

to help in locating those pids, click on the column heading "Caption" (i.e. on the heading itself), this sorts the pid list alphabetically on this column (but in reverse order Z-A)... click on it again to un-reverse the order A-Z... look down this column for EOPS and OIL_PRESSURE;

if you can't find them, uncheck the Selected box at the upper left.

BustedTruck
October 20th, 2010, 02:59 PM
On the PIDs tab, locate and select the pids GM.EOPS and CALC.OIL_PRESSURE;

to help in locating those pids, click on the column heading "Caption" (i.e. on the heading itself), this sorts the pid list alphabetically on this column (but in reverse order Z-A)... click on it again to un-reverse the order A-Z... look down this column for EOPS and OIL_PRESSURE;

if you can't find them, uncheck the Selected box at the upper left.

OK I've got those selected, now what?

Ninety8C5
October 20th, 2010, 03:19 PM
You have to add that Calculated PID to the 'calc_pid.txt' file or rename the file in the above post to 'calc_pid.txt'.

joecar
October 20th, 2010, 06:41 PM
You have to add that Calculated PID to the 'calc_pid.txt' file or rename the file in the above post to 'calc_pid.txt'.Ah, good point, I don't know what I was/wasn't thinking.

BustedTruck
October 21st, 2010, 04:28 PM
Ok I have renamed the file to calc_pid.txt. when I click on the pid its not valid. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks for being patient.

joecar
October 21st, 2010, 04:36 PM
Rightclick on the pid to see what other pids it requires... the other pid is GM.EOPS, you have to select this also (does your vehicle support this pid?).

No worries.

BustedTruck
October 21st, 2010, 04:47 PM
I am working on a 2005 tahoe drivetrain. I was able to view oil pressure sensor voltageEngine Oil Pressure Sensor Voltage . If you select both pids at the same time the calculated oil pressure becomes valid? When I right click to see whats required I get
{CALC.EOPS}

Expression:
V = Raw({GM.EOP})/51
is NOT valid because:
Unknown parameter {GM.EOP}, at position 13.

PID value cannot be determined because
the following error would occur:
Expression not valid: Unknown parameter {GM.EOP}, at position 13.

joecar
October 21st, 2010, 08:43 PM
Hmmm... I get the same thing.

GM.EOP should still be a valid for the LS1A/LS1B PCM's, even when it's not wired to the PCM.

I pm'd Tech Support.

Ninety8C5
October 22nd, 2010, 01:18 AM
I am working on a 2005 tahoe drivetrain. I was able to view oil pressure sensor voltageEngine Oil Pressure Sensor Voltage . If you select both pids at the same time the calculated oil pressure becomes valid? When I right click to see whats required I get
{CALC.EOPS}

Expression:
V = Raw({GM.EOP})/51
is NOT valid because:
Unknown parameter {GM.EOP}, at position 13.

PID value cannot be determined because
the following error would occur:
Expression not valid: Unknown parameter {GM.EOP}, at position 13.

I don't know if you have a typo in the post or in your calc_pid file, but its suppose to be GM.EOPS.

joecar
October 22nd, 2010, 04:34 AM
There's CALC.EOPS and GM.EOPS is missing... and CALC.EOPS mentions GM.EOP.... and GM.EOP is unknown.

So something is messed up.

joecar
October 22nd, 2010, 04:38 AM
See this:
showthread.php?t=12586 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12586)
showthread.php?p=66084#post66084 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=66084#post66084)

Ninety8C5
October 22nd, 2010, 06:28 AM
I have a Calc. Pid that uses GM.EOPS and is called Calc.Oil_Pressure (see below). It is pretty accurate for the LS1_A PCMs, but I haven't tried it with LS1_B PCMs.

# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.
*FILE
#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section
*UNITS
#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------
PSI Imperial "PSI" "Pounds Per Square Inch"
# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------
*CLC-00-043
PSI 0.0 150.0 0.0 "({GM.EOPS}*32)-16"
*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------
CALC.OIL_PRESSURE F043 CLC-00-043 PSI Testing "Engine Oil Pressure"

Sorry did not see your last post with the threads.

Tordne
October 22nd, 2010, 09:19 AM
It is an error in the sae_generics.txt file shipped in the software. If you copy your 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\7.5\Configuration\sae_generics.txt' file and find/modify the line as follows:

*CLC-00-943
V 0.0 5.0 .1 "Raw({GM.EOPS})/51"

joecar
October 22nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks Andrew.

Sid447
October 24th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Will this be sorted out in an up-date?

As I miss this Oil Pressure option and am not a computer expert.
I used to be able to select this in previous V7.5's for LS1-B and haven't bothered since.

Tordne
October 24th, 2010, 09:17 PM
The resolution will be included in the next update for sure.