PDA

View Full Version : E39 SIDI L4 turbo

3onic
October 17th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Thank you
3onic

GMPX
October 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hi there 3onic, the E39 ECM in the 2011's is 'slightly' different to the 2010, the read does fail on these, we just started getting a few instances of this through support. We are testing a fix in the field now and will release it very soon once it's confirmed working ok.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - I am impressed you have access to one, they aren't showing up in many places yet.

GMPX
October 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM
To follow up, the read fix has been tested on a 2011 LHU car, we will release an update soon.

3onic
October 19th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Great news, thank you very much :)

3onic
December 2nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hi

I tested the latest release and could read the ECM. This worked fine :)
So I took a look at the calibration and saw that there are no maps under the "torque control" or VE under "airflow". How should I be able to tune something?
Sorry, but I'm new to EfiLive and perhaps i miss something.

Anyhow I tested the car on the dyno with a Lambdameter and saw that at WOT the enrichment goes to Lambda 0.83. It does not match 100% to the PE Enrichment map: is this usual or strange?

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

kangsta
December 2nd, 2010, 10:17 PM
Would you be able to post up the stock tune?

GMPX
December 3rd, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'm surprised you were able to see the maps, we have not seen a file from one of those cars yet so it just must have been luck it was the same OS used on another vehicle.

gmtech16450yz
December 15th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Just read a 2011 Buick turbo, holy cr#p I wish we had all these tables on the LNF! (Bosch E69) Just glanced through it a little, it did seem to read out fine. Lots of maps with lots of weird stuff! (Estimated Compressor Speed, Multi-Spark, etc.) There is a flash counter and it also shows the last time it was flashed by GM.

3onic
December 16th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Just read a 2011 Buick turbo, holy cr#p I wish we had all these tables on the LNF! (Bosch E69) Just glanced through it a little, it did seem to read out fine. Lots of maps with lots of weird stuff! (Estimated Compressor Speed, Multi-Spark, etc.) There is a flash counter and it also shows the last time it was flashed by GM.

Great! So we are two now "playing" with this new engine.... Could you find something like torque maps to increase? :)

GMPX
December 18th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I will be on to the torque maps for these as soon as I can. GM changed the torque sections between the 2010 E39 programs and the 2011. The 2011 left me scratching me head a little as it seems quite different in this area.

Cheers,
Ross

Boost
April 12th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Exciting stuff! I was disappointed test driving these, so hopefully with all the nice options in the tune and the great support of this controller we can eventually make it more Granny-ish.

350SS
January 24th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Hi

I tested the latest release and could read the ECM. This worked fine :)
So I took a look at the calibration and saw that there are no maps under the "torque control" or VE under "airflow". How should I be able to tune something?
Sorry, but I'm new to EfiLive and perhaps i miss something.

Anyhow I tested the car on the dyno with a Lambdameter and saw that at WOT the enrichment goes to Lambda 0.83. It does not match 100% to the PE Enrichment map: is this usual or strange?

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

any chance you'd share then lhu file? I've been wanting to take a look at one for a potential project... pm me if you like.

Boost
January 25th, 2012, 02:01 PM
There is a guy one here very successful at tuning these. Vince / Trifecta

350SS
January 25th, 2012, 04:12 PM
There is a guy one here very successful at tuning these. Vince / Trifecta

thanks for the reply, I've talked with Vince on a couple of occasions over email and he seems to know his stuff. I'll likely go that route if I can't make something with the e39 work. I just like figuring out these things on my own if I can and like to mess with my own tuning. I've had efilive for years and would like to stick with what I know and stay loyal to the guys here since they've always been helpful with their support.

Boost
January 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah I would definitely stick with / go with EFILive. Just saying that Vince can give you pointers on what those engines / controllers respond to well.