PDA

View Full Version : P11 Ecotec 2.2 {G0915}

GAMEOVER
October 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm using this pcm as a standalone....Can someone explain what this does? If I enable it, does that mean the electric fans will turn OFF & ON at the temps I choose? If it's disabled, does that mean it has a mechanical fan?

GAMEOVER
October 19th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Anyone?
Is anyone even flashing these pcm's?...:help2::confused:

ScarabEpic22
October 20th, 2010, 02:57 PM
It is used to disable the fan clutch in the P10 PCMs (tested it works on my 02 TB P10), but thinking about it most (if not all?) P11s have efans anyway as they are transverse mounted, right?

So: Disabled = fan clutch
Enabled = electric fans

But if you're not getting lights and its disabled and you have efans already, who knows?

GAMEOVER
October 20th, 2010, 04:22 PM
The stock tune had it disabled and fans wouldn't kick on at all, or they would kick on but at the wrong temperature and they wouldn't shut off at all...
So I enabled the electric fan parameter & did a full flash and fans are working perfectly...:D

ScarabEpic22
October 20th, 2010, 06:40 PM
The stock tune had it disabled and fans wouldn't kick on at all, or they would kick on but at the wrong temperature and they wouldn't shut off at all...
So I enabled the electric fan parameter & did a full flash and fans are working perfectly...:D

Cool! Also, you can full flash the P11s? Dang it, the P10s cant because of the way the ETC CPU communicates with the regular CPU. HPTuners can do it though, unfortunately.

GAMEOVER
October 21st, 2010, 03:06 AM
A buddy of mine told me they can put the P11 into Open-Loop and tune for Big turbo's too...
Might have to invest...:D

ScarabEpic22
October 21st, 2010, 04:34 AM
I dont wanna drop $400 on their "stuff", EFILive's hardware is a generation ahead and we have more than just BBL functions. Id ask on their forum for some screenshots of their parameters to see if they actually can do what you want. Maybe someone close to you has a cable and will let you take a look and play with it?

GAMEOVER
October 21st, 2010, 05:15 AM
Yeah, I didn't think of asking him to let me play with it first...hehehe