PDA

View Full Version : E67 STFT Overshoot

Highlander
October 21st, 2010, 09:26 PM
Is there a way to control the overshoot for the STFT on the E67. I am tuning a ZR1 that is "hesitating" and it's due to the overshoot. You can see in the wideband that it oscillates between 14 and 16 in the overshoot while cruising at a constant speed and rpm in closed loop. This is very annoying and I wish to solve this. Anyone know how to do this?

On the LS1 PCM i could change the airflow modes at least and that gave me a way to change the overshoot, although we do have access to the multipliers for this.

Is this a problem with the close loop algorithm or a problem in my tune perse?

Anything I should look at to avoid this hesitation?

Funny thing with bigger cams and the ls7 (maybe because it's a bigger engine) I don't get this issue. The overshoot has very little effect on the engine's stability.

gmh308
October 22nd, 2010, 12:26 AM
Is this overshoot there stock, or is the engine modified now?

Hesitates at cruise? What does the log of STFT look like?

Highlander
October 22nd, 2010, 05:41 AM
Yes... there was always an overshoot.. but with the stock cam it's really not noticeable and since the reaction of the engine is much faster to fueling changes, the overshoot is less...

When you go higher than 2000rpms (you are getting into a better efficiency zone for the cam) the overshoot is a lot less and you can see a more steady mixture from the wideband and less overshoot with the stft.