PDA

View Full Version : Scripting OBD Codes

killerbee
October 25th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Questions for the team.

1. Is "reserved" an actual obd code without labeling? IOW, if I play with it, will anything happen? I ask because I am worried about inadvertent changes.

2. When I built a script to fix only 2 obd definitions, all the codes in between appear in the script text. Is there an important reason for this extraneous text?

3. Multiple same definitions: for example in the LMM OS I am looking at, there are 3 identical "Non Emissions Related, MIL On", 15, 16, and 17 (I think). What is the diff between them?

Blacky
October 25th, 2010, 12:00 PM
1. I don't know, I've asked Ross to comment.
2. Looks like a bug in the script generation - I'll look into it.
3. I presume you mean the duplicate entries in the drop down selection list box? If so, Ross can probably comment on that.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
October 25th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Michael, I think I've covered this before. The short answer is the Bosch DTC reporting system is a total mess, we have tried to make it work as well as we can with the software but it will never work perfectly for V7. We are trying to come up with a better system for the V8 editor when it comes to how the Bosch DTC's are done. Sorry, I know that is not what you want to hear, but it's the reason there is inconsistencies in the DTC lists.

killerbee
October 25th, 2010, 02:04 PM
No worries. Just looking for what is known at this point. And educating myself a little on the scripting process.