PDA

View Full Version : 2005 silverado 5.3 need some tuning pointers

whiteboy631
October 28th, 2010, 03:24 PM
hey whats up guys. Im clearly new to this, and was hoping to get some pointers, or possibly a tune for my truck. i have a 2005 5.3l silverado, looking to still run 87. I am hoping to get what ever performance i can, engine and tranny wise without blowing the thing out of the water. Thanks, Eric

Taz
October 28th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Hello Eric,

The thread below will help you understand making changes to your transmission tune ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14494-Looking-For-Guidence-In-Basic-Trans.-Tuning

That's generally a reasonably safe and easy way to get used to the tuning software.

If the engine is completely stock, there is not a lot of extra power to found via tuning alone. If you have some bolt on upgrades - cold air intake, headers and / or a cat back exhaust system. Then tuning will certainly augment these.

Regards,
Taz

whiteboy631
October 29th, 2010, 01:57 AM
ok cool, thanks a lot taz. I have catback and intake, but i pretty much came into this knowing i wasnt going to be able to get much extra power out of it. I would just like to buff it all up, and hopefully get whatever i can out of it

WeathermanShawn
October 29th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Whiteboy:

Welcome to the forum.

As always I would suggest reading through as many of the Tutorials and old threads that are applicable to your vehicle.

While not exactly applicable to your vehicle/OS I have included a Base Tune for LS1's in the following thread:http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14661-LS1-Beginners-Tunes

It gives one a general template on what changes to make to a Base Tune, and perhaps most importantly what not to change..

..Good luck..

Bird
December 22nd, 2010, 10:00 AM
Whiteboy - up until June of this year, I had a 2005 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 that I modified the tune on (picked up a new GMC Sierra) - was able to get some great throttle response, etc with some tweaks. Would be glad to share that tune for you to compare to yours.

Bird