PDA

View Full Version : Konnichiwa from Japan

Dust
October 31st, 2010, 10:13 PM
Wanted to say hi. I joined a while ago, but started reading before then. Currently in Japan, but father has a 2010 6L crew cab, and I am looking at getting an f-bod when the wife and I get back. Looking at buying a tune for my father's truck for a christmas present, but when looking at the pricing from Black Bear performance, I can spend an extra $600 and get the EFIlive package. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and my head already hurts from reading.

joecar
November 1st, 2010, 03:47 AM
Hi Dust, welcome to the forum :cheers:

Yes, there's lots of reading (all our heads hurt) :hihi:

While you're waiting to get the package, you can install the software (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133) and look at some calibration files (http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/).

Dust
November 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM
Already got it installed, and looking at the ls1 tunes posted somewhere in here.

joecar
November 1st, 2010, 04:10 AM
Hey... cool, you're ahead of the curve :cheers:

Chevy366
November 1st, 2010, 07:22 AM
Not to be snide , or coy , but in Japan , we use Corn for Ethanol is Rice used there or is there a Ethanol gas there ?

Dust
November 3rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
Rice is used to make Ethanol but fortunately I don't think that the limited wisdom of the elite here has seen fit to waste rice making fuel ethanol. They are just getting into homebrew biodiesel. I wanted to say that I hadn't bought the software yet. Mom is trying to get info from Black Bear, and I am lookng through the forum when I have time after work. Almost bought a Toyota Cavalier last year, and have found some Camaros in the 7-9K range here, but they are all left hand drive, and autos, although the autotrader of Japan does show on M6 for sale. Unfortunately, I don't have my manual license. The instructor for the day I was there didn't get any the night before, and wasn't liking me very much. Probably because my wife was hotter than his. :)

joecar
November 4th, 2010, 04:25 AM
In some countries you have to lube official bu$ine$$ to make it go $moother... :doh2:

Chevy366
November 4th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Wow have to have separate licenses for stick and auto , crazy .
I did some research after I posted and saw that they use Seaweed and Wood Pulp for Ethanol and buy from Korea .
Get the EFILive package , tuning is not that hard , if you need some help there are plenty of people on here to help out .

GMPX
November 4th, 2010, 10:14 AM
In Japan they can buy factory Right Hand Drive Cadillac's :bawl:

Dust
November 4th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I didn't actually know where Ethanol came from here. More intersted in methanol, but it's a controlled substance here, and can only be bought in 95% concentration(other 5% is Ethanol) without some hoop jumping. I am seriously thinking about buying it, but trying to get dad trained in hooking up and flashing is like teaching a dead dog to come back to life.

GMPX
We have alot of blazers, a few toyota cavs, and I really have only seen one LT1 style camaro lately. A few vettes ever, and a few old G-ride cars. Saw an H1 hummer driving down the street, and had to question the driver's sanity. I have a Daihatsu Move Aero Down Custom XX (http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/daihatsu/move/1999_11/11148/) now, and it is too wide for some streets, and it will fit in the bed of dad's truck.

Dust
December 31st, 2010, 07:06 AM
Alright guys, black bear suggested a handheld at 500 something dollars. I am still thinking about the efilive v2, for dad's car. Went and test drove a stock 02 vert, and fell in love. Only another year. Picked up two Greg Banish books also