PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with VVT when modifying the Virtual VE Table?

arubenstein
November 1st, 2010, 04:46 PM
Maybe I am missing something, but hopefully I can be set straight.

Say one is tuning an L92, which has cam phasing (VVE). According to EFILive, "Variable camshaft positioning is not currently supported in this version. DO NOT use this software version to tune controllers/engines that implement variable camshaft positioning."

So, what are people doing here? If you need to change the VVE table, are you just disabling cam phasing?

Or, are you removing the phasing hardware?

Thanks.

gmh308
November 2nd, 2010, 12:41 AM
Maybe I am missing something, but hopefully I can be set straight.

Say one is tuning an L92, which has cam phasing (VVE). According to EFILive, "Variable camshaft positioning is not currently supported in this version. DO NOT use this software version to tune controllers/engines that implement variable camshaft positioning."

So, what are people doing here? If you need to change the VVE table, are you just disabling cam phasing?

Or, are you removing the phasing hardware?

Thanks.

Good question. It could be as simple as monitoring the AFR's with a wide band O2 and identifying whether the delta on cam phasing has a substantial affect on AFR.

:)

GMPX
November 2nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
If I recall the cam phasing positions during the calculation in V7 at the moment are set to 0 degrees. The warning is a little over the top when I now read it.
So what I am saying it the VVE is a representation of the VE at 0 degrees cam positions, so if you are logging and your cam position is a 15 degrees then this is not factored into the VVE you see on the PC. However, the way the VVE works it's probably not going to make a big difference to the end result because the cam positions are factored in to the final result anyway.

You can see we have the option to enter in the Intake and Exhaust cam positions in the table generator, but I'll admit I don't recall why we disabled it, Paul will need to answer that question.

BowlingSS
November 5th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Can I still tune my 2011 Camaro L99 if it has the VVT?

Bill