PDA

View Full Version : J-2534 Compliant

L31Sleeper
November 1st, 2010, 06:23 PM
I was wondering if EFI Live software / hardware is J-2534 Compliant ??

GMPX
November 2nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
No it isn't. We did look in to this but in the end it's not as simple as it sounds. The Drewtech Mongoose cables are so cheap just grab one of those.

L31Sleeper
November 2nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
Well it's $500 usd and I would still have to flash the most current calibration to the PCM/ECM/TCM then pull it out with my V2 correct ?
I don't know anyone with a TIS 2 Web subscription but I was wondering what file format you get the NEW calibrations in ?
It would be cool if I could open the OEM file format in EFI Live.

DURAtotheMAX
November 5th, 2010, 03:27 AM
It would be cool if I could open the OEM file format in EFI Live.

Why do you need to do that? Just flash the factory stock tune into the truck/vehicle and then read it out with EFILive.......isnt that the same thing?

L31Sleeper
November 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Why do you need to do that? Just flash the factory stock tune into the truck/vehicle and then read it out with EFILive.......isnt that the same thing?

It would save me the price of the OEM Flashing cable. Ross is correct the Drew Technologies cable is MUCH less than a Tech II.

Highlander
December 7th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I believe the openport cables are 2534compliant

L31Sleeper
December 7th, 2010, 09:50 PM
I believe the openport cables are 2534compliant

You are correct. However if the EFI Live software were compatible it would save the cost of the OTHER cable
as well as the trouble of flashing and retrieving the OEM tune. get it ?? Open the OEM file Directly in the V7
software and start tuning.