PDA

View Full Version : Where's Blacky?

GAMEOVER
November 2nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
I haven't seen Paul post in a while...Is he still around? Vacation? Won the lottery?...:D
Just curious...:shock:

Tordne
November 2nd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Paul has been in hospital recently for scheduled back surgery. From what I can gather the operation has gone well, and he was just released from hospital to return home yesterday. Paul is planning to come into the office for the first time tomorrow I believe (to try and resolve the current pre-release firmware issue).

He was beating me at tennis already so I'm going to have to employ new tactics I think when he's fully recovered :)

joecar
November 2nd, 2010, 01:53 PM
Hey Paul, take it slow and recover fully :cheers: no lifting of heavy software.

GAMEOVER
November 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Paul has been in hospital recently for scheduled back surgery. From what I can gather the operation has gone well, and he was just released from hospital to return home yesterday. Paul is planning to come into the office for the first time tomorrow I believe (to try and resolve the current pre-release firmware issue).

He was beating me at tennis already so I'm going to have to employ new tactics I think when he's fully recovered :)

Glad to hear everything went OK...:):):)

bballer182
November 2nd, 2010, 03:42 PM
Hey Paul, take it slow and recover fully :cheers: no lifting of heavy software.

I don't think it would be the software that he would have a problem with; it would probable be the hardware that would pose the problem.:grin::hihi:

ScarabEpic22
November 3rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
Wow, didnt know about that. Glad surgery went well, get well soon and dont push it too quickly.

GMPX
November 3rd, 2010, 05:19 PM
Apparently he thought of some new software features for V8 whilst under Morphine, should be interesting to see the result. :shock:
It also means Paul won't be blessed with that 24 hours of flying time we have to endure to get to PRI, that might be a bit of an ask with he's recent surgery.

Blacky
November 3rd, 2010, 05:32 PM
They took away my morphine pump after two days, it was a sad day.
When I say took it away, they had to drug me and pry it from my fingers...

I had a lumbar fusion of two vertebrae to resolve a degenerate disc that had a 1/2 inch hole in it. I'm feeling ok now, surgery went well, doc is pleased with the results. Now I just need to wait a few weeks for it to heal up and I should be back to normal (whatever that is).

Regards
Paul

Biggsy
November 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
When I say took it away, they had to drug me and pry it from my fingers...

lol

Doc
November 3rd, 2010, 10:56 PM
Glad to hear everything went well. I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Life's warranty issues like this make the mundane days of our lives not seem so bad.