PDA

View Full Version : V2 BBL Flakieness

Cougar281
November 3rd, 2010, 12:09 PM
In doing some logging this morning, I discovered that there's some flakieness with the LBZ IAT PID. It seems to be bouncing between -40* and the ECT PID's value (see attached log file). I plugged in my Tech2 to make sure it wasn't the sensor, but the IAT2 reading was solid at about 44* (And on that note, any chance we can get those PID's fixed so we can see IAT {sensor at the MAF} and IAT2 {Post-CAC in the bridge}?).

Blacky
November 3rd, 2010, 06:40 PM
Does it have the same problem using pass-thru logging using the V7.5 software?

If/when it happens again, can you stop logging as soon as possible after you see the IAT drop to -40 and then save a trace file on the V2.
Then after saving the trace file, restart logging and terminate the logging immediately (within 10-20 frames) and then save another trace file.
Then send both trace files to me, thanks.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
November 4th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure about passthrough. I'll give that a shot.

It happens constantly, so getting a trace of it shouldn't be a problem. I also noticed at least one other PID (FRP_C) doing something similar (with key on engine off, it was bouncing between 107psi & 71psi), and the text on the screen would periodically blink out for a fraction of a second. Maybe the trace files will show that too.

Does it have the same problem using pass-thru logging using the V7.5 software?

If/when it happens again, can you stop logging as soon as possible after you see the IAT drop to -40 and then save a trace file on the V2.
Then after saving the trace file, restart logging and terminate the logging immediately (within 10-20 frames) and then save another trace file.
Then send both trace files to me, thanks.

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
November 4th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Something's definately amis.... Here's another log, and lots is not right... ECT is flipping between -40 & -29, rail pressures are whacked (It's not wanting 36k psi) and VSS is wrong (I was doing between 50 & 70 during the log).

Paul, did you get the trace files I sent?

Blacky
November 5th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I've got the files, just trying to get a window of "sanity" in between medication, when I can look at them.
I may be able to look them over tonight.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 7th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Update: I'm still working on this issue. I can see the problem in the data and the trace files, (thanks for the files). Now I'm just trying to find what is causing it so I can fix it.
Regards
Paul

Cougar281
November 7th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Glad I could help; Since you can see the problem, I'm sure it'll get fixed. :thumb_yello:

Blacky
November 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Try un-selecting the two PIDs: FRPACOM and FRPADES
Those two PIDs are defined incorrectly for the LBZ* which is causing multiple other PIDs to fail.
Let me know if removing those two PIDs, fixes the remaining PIDs' values.

* Looks like Bosch (or GM not sure who) changed the PID definitions that were originally defined for the LLY to a different format for the LBZ. THe EFILive software is not configured to handle that change (yet).

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
November 7th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I'll give it a shot... I'll have to take my truck for a ride tomorrow after work.

Any thoughts why this never seemed to crop up before? I don't recall seeing this kind of behavior prior to the 2.07.xx firmware.

Blacky
November 7th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Copy the attached file (LBZ.pmm) to the folder C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config (overwrite the existing file).
Then using EFILive_explorer, copy the LBZ.pmm file to the FlashScan [Config] file system.

Once that file is in place with the correct definitions for the two PIDs, you should be able to BBL them successfully.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
November 7th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I'll give it a shot... I'll have to take my truck for a ride tomorrow after work.
Thanks.

Any thoughts why this never seemed to crop up before? I don't recall seeing this kind of behavior prior to the 2.07.xx firmware.
We're having that discussion at EFILive now...

Regards
Paul

Cougar281
November 7th, 2010, 04:44 PM
* Looks like Bosch (or GM not sure who) changed the PID definitions that were originally defined for the LLY to a different format for the LBZ. THe EFILive software is not configured to handle that change (yet).

Regards
Paul

Go figure. If I had to guess, I'd say it's another "Boschism". From hearing Ross talk, Bosch does *everything* wierd relative to everyone else (What's with all the xxxx DTC enablers, some of which are set to "Non-Emissions, MIL On" :doh2:? That oddity is new for the Bosch ECM's, not to mention the total lack of any rhyme or reason to the order of them :Eyecrazy:. If one of them trips, are we going to get a Pxxxx DTC? :hihi:). Take IAT, for example. In virtually every other PCM, AFAIK, IAT is measured at the MAF. With the E35, IAT *is* measured at the MAF, but for whatever reason, your definition of IAT (I'm assuming a "standard" IAT definition) is actually polling IAT2 :nixweiss:.

I'll give the new pmm a shot tomorrow.

Cougar281
November 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I ran my truck for a few minutes to check out the logging, and the data appears to be sane... But I'm not sure if FRPADES & FRPACOM are actually logging anything, since their values didn't change at all during my time logging...