PDA

View Full Version : Need help - too rich at idle

brm
November 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Hi

My ute is running very rich at idle and I can't seem to find how to fix it.

When you first start up, it's good, and after it hits operating temperature, it goes pig rich (down to 12.2AFR).

The minimum injector pulse width is set to 1.276591 at all rpm. When I datalog it, I can see the injector pulse width is 1.8ms at idle - what could be making it stay that high?

I've tried reducing the main VE table map, but it doesn't change anything.

I've got a 5.7l manual 2003 Commodore ute running a single turbo set up (mafless with 60lb injectors), running COS3 (01290003).

Any tips or suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks
Brent

odd boy
November 5th, 2010, 04:19 PM
post log along with the current tune file. The log has to be before and after the issue.

5.7ute
November 7th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Do a search using B9021 as the search phrase. There is tons of info on this site about this issue & the .cax file needed to fix it.
Also IBPW includes all modifiers where default PW etc are only the fuelling portion of the PW. Once you add small pulse, voltage/manvac offset that will be the 1.8ms limit you are seeing.

brm
November 8th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hi
thanks for the responses - sorry it took me awhile to check back in...I did the log and it showed that it's trying to command the right afr mixtures, but the wideband shows differently. I'll try that .cax file in the next couple of days and let you know how it goes.
Thanks,
Brent