PDA

View Full Version : 2011 LML Duramax Tuning Please.

duramaximizer
November 6th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I know you guys/gals are busy and tried to look into this new computer. This is just a "don't forget about us" reminder. :grin:

Thanks,
Adam

8100 Power
November 6th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Cindy said after the first of the year they will start looking at it again.

I can't wait.. :D

KB3MMX
February 25th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I know you guys/gals are busy and tried to look into this new computer. This is just a "don't forget about us" reminder. :grin:

Thanks,
Adam

:cucumber::master:

please give us LML capability !!!

GMPX
February 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Please, write to GM and ask them to remove the ridiculous restrictions they have imposed on this ECM then we will do something about it :angel_innocent:
Now, before you reply with "To add tuning support why don't you......", have a read through THIS (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13812-Info-on-New-LML-engines-for-2011) thread.

jkf
April 22nd, 2011, 09:56 AM
Any ideas as to why GM is being a turd about the ECM? Is this the future for all ECM controlled vehicles? I sure hope not, or I'm going to be driving my LBZ for a long time:wallbash

Gregs
April 23rd, 2011, 01:38 AM
don't trade your LBZ away

my $.02

jkf
April 23rd, 2011, 02:17 AM
Naw, I gotta pay it off first!

KB3MMX
April 23rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
Any ideas as to why GM is being a turd about the ECM? Is this the future for all ECM controlled vehicles? I sure hope not, or I'm going to be driving my LBZ for a long time:wallbash

I think its more about the factory DSP2 style system that the factory exhaust brake uses that can't be read without using some proprietary GM software or whatever ..

I'm sure in time there will be tuning support available, the early Cummins 24V trucks went through this a decade ago but became available in the end.

I get the feeling that EFILive is more interested in the Cummins trucks now and getting their 3 product releases out..and we have been pushed to the wayside.

Maybe HPtuners will take the lead on the LML ...

schwoch1
April 24th, 2011, 01:47 PM
From what I understand, since EFI Live cannot read out the cal in the ECM. THat means that you as the owner cannot legally obtain a calibration to modify, therefore closing the door to tuning. From what I understand, to get the cal out of the ECM takes a small act of god, like prying your PCM open and inserting pins onto the chip to get the cal out, defenitely not for the Joe Homeowner tuner, which account for prolly 98% of the people tuning the Duramax's. HP Tuners is taking the same stance as EFI Live as mega million dollar lawsuits from GM and Bosch are not a cool thing!!!
As far as EFI Live forgetting about you, I will say that is NOT true, they are a business and if there is money to be made, they are going to go after it. If there was a legal way to obtain the calibration, they would be on it like white on rice, but since there is not, they cannot support the LML's at this time. You wanna talk about being forgot, buy a '98.5-'02 Cummins powered Dodge, that is being forgot about!!!
I am not trying to piss in anyones wheaties, just want to say that EFI Live has not forgot about anyone, just can't do what you want with the restrictions GM placed on the PCM's. If you have to blame anyone, call Detroit and bitch at GM!!!

Mike

KB3MMX
April 25th, 2011, 12:18 AM
From what I understand, since EFI Live cannot read out the cal in the ECM. THat means that you as the owner cannot legally obtain a calibration to modify, therefore closing the door to tuning. From what I understand, to get the cal out of the ECM takes a small act of god, like prying your PCM open and inserting pins onto the chip to get the cal out, defenitely not for the Joe Homeowner tuner, which account for prolly 98% of the people tuning the Duramax's. HP Tuners is taking the same stance as EFI Live as mega million dollar lawsuits from GM and Bosch are not a cool thing!!!
As far as EFI Live forgetting about you, I will say that is NOT true, they are a business and if there is money to be made, they are going to go after it. If there was a legal way to obtain the calibration, they would be on it like white on rice, but since there is not, they cannot support the LML's at this time. You wanna talk about being forgot, buy a '98.5-'02 Cummins powered Dodge, that is being forgot about!!!
I am not trying to piss in anyones wheaties, just want to say that EFI Live has not forgot about anyone, just can't do what you want with the restrictions GM placed on the PCM's. If you have to blame anyone, call Detroit and bitch at GM!!!

Mike

**After the FTC just released a statement backing up use of aftermarket Mfg's products, you'd think they'd have more....guts than this.

At least for now, H&S has stepped up to the plate and is doing tuning on the LML.

...So, it is possible to read the stock tune without any crazy physical manipulation/modification of the computer but EFILive either hasn't figured it out or is too scared so far.

schwoch1
April 25th, 2011, 03:09 AM
**After the FTC just released a statement backing up use of aftermarket Mfg's products, you'd think they'd have more....guts than this.

At least for now, H&S has stepped up to the plate and is doing tuning on the LML.

...So, it is possible to read the stock tune without any crazy physical manipulation/modification of the computer but EFILive either hasn't figured it out or is too scared so far.

No, the FTC's statement was more geared towards aftermarket exhausts, oil filters, air intakes, etc, not for tuning the PCM's and hacking off EGR valves, DPFE's and Urea injection systems, making the truck illegal to drive on any public road as far as the EPA/goverment is concerned. All the current tuners most likely are getting the tunes to modify them from GM's TIS2WEB site, which is against the user agreement that you have to agree to when using their website, you agree not to disassemble or reverse engineer the calibrations. Go take a look on their website for yourself if you do not belive me.

I am glad H&S has stepped up to the plate, I hope their wallets are HUGE and DEEP to take on GM and the goverment if need be... Just take a look at what happened to Casper Electronics with the oxygen sensor simulators a few years back!!

And no, if you did some research, you would see it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the cal out of the OBD2 port, you either have to do some crazy shit to the PCM (disassemble it) or get a calibration in a illegal fashion(GM TIS2WEB).You can flash a cal in, but you cannot get it out! That is where the problem lies, if you can download the cal out of a computer that you own, than their is no problem, you own the cal, but if you get it from GM or from someone who did or got it from someone elses hacked PCM, that is illegal as far as GM and goverment is concerned, as you don't own the cal.

We could compare dick sizes all day long when it comes to LML tuning, short answer is go to someone who is tuning them right now, get their cal while they are still in business and be happy with what you have!!!

Later
Mike

joecar
April 25th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I don't think you would appreciate it if EFILive used your guts to see how far GM would pursue Copyright Law...

GM would go after all the end users in addition to the company, and you be required to give up your FSV2;

GM knows very well where it stands and what it's doing.

joecar
April 25th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Tampering with a smog controlling device is a felony (the ECM is such a device)... the FTC would never endorse this.

Tordne
April 25th, 2011, 09:24 AM
KB3MMX,

The LML discussion has been done to death for the moment. Of course we are very interested in opening up the Cummins market place, this is obviously a very large opportunity for EFILive and we are giving a good deal of attention to getting our product to market.

We have already spent a reasonably considerable amount of time trying to get the LML controller to "play ball". For the moment we have not been able to get anything from it at all. If it was able to be cracked we'd definitely be putting support out to maintain out dominance in the Duramax tuning marketplace. But, sometimes you have to move on in light of making no progress.

If we discover that the LML is readable (through regular means) then it is almost certain that we'd jump on it.

Boost
April 28th, 2011, 06:12 AM
What if I own GM?? :)

Tordne
April 28th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Then be a little more forthcoming with information would you LOL. And stop using so many controllers!

ScarabEpic22
April 28th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Make 1 super ECM and 1 super TCM that lets you select whatever engine type you want (I4, I5, I6, V6, V8, I4 DI, V8 DI [hey I can hope right?], etc), control factory turbo/superchargers, reluctors, etc. TCM that lets you control the 4, 5, 6, and 8 speed transmissions.

We can dream right? :D

L31Sleeper
April 28th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I know I'm skating on thin ice with the EFI Live crew lately. But I have a NEW idea for the LML
If you use TIS to flash in a tune THEN you own the tune correct. How hard would it be to make
a DUMMY ECM that lets you flash in a tune from TIS and back out with EFI Live ?

Boost
April 28th, 2011, 08:41 AM
I have TIS opened up RIGHT NOW behind this window :) seriously. But I'm not gonna do anything naughty....

GMPX
April 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Here we go again (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13812-Info-on-New-LML-engines-for-2011)....thread closed. :bash: