PDA

View Full Version : 2-bar MAP sensor

curtbriggs
November 10th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I just installed a Vortec T trim supercharger on my 1999 C5 Corvette. I'm going to use Ross's 2-bar SD tutorial.
I looked at ordering a 2-bar sensor and there are many to choose from, GM and other.

Which one do you reccommend? Can you please be specific with a part #.
BTW, Ballenger Motorsports
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/index.php/cPath/129_143
looks like a great source for anything you could ever need.

Thanks, Curt

curtbriggs
November 14th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Dave, thanks for the PM and the help.

I'm surprised, you were the only one to reply. If anyone out there would like to know how to remove your MAP and which one to get. PM me. I always try to help anyone who needs it when I can do so. I won't give you a one or two word answer that still leaves you in the dark.

nevinsb
November 14th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure what he sent you, but there was a chart from pressure_sensor_brochure.pdf floating around these forums that listed a whole bunch of MAP sensors which should work.

etmotorsports
November 14th, 2010, 03:49 PM
They are tricky to get out in a corvette i just pull the intake and don't mess around with it since it only takes about 8 miniutes to get it up and out enough to remove it without breaking the tab which i has seen a few broken.

curtbriggs
November 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM
The best info from a forum was LS1Tec, but not specific. I didn't know which style MAP sensor until I looked at mine and compared it with the GM sensor on the site that I bought it from. With the part # that Dave gave me I could cross reference it and saved $30.