PDA

View Full Version : Looking for I6 LL8 E67 tune - anyone?

tunedportcj5
November 11th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Forgive me if I have missed any obvious threads but I have searched plenty! :grin:

I am looking for a LL8 E67 tune, list of comptable operating systems, and which OS's are compatable with which controller. I have the OS reference list, just need the know with OS's run the LL8 E67.

Thanks!
David

drsmith99 at gmail dot com

ScarabEpic22
November 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
David, I thought I had one on my laptop but I dont...Ill check my external HD and get back to ya. FYI, I havent heard of any issues flashing an 09 LL8 E67 OS into an 07-08 E67 like the other OSs.

schwoch1
December 4th, 2010, 08:08 AM
You ever get that E67 LL8 tune. I have one here if you need it from an '08 Trailblazer.
Mike

ScarabEpic22
December 4th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Post it up Mike! I thought I had one, but I might have not actually saved it to my laptop though.

schwoch1
December 4th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I just got one. Had to buy an E67 and have it flashed to it. I plan on multiporting my '62 Corvair using the LL8 cal. The electronic throttle should be nice, 15 feet of linkage to the rear of the car can get a little cumbersome!!! Those old flat 6 Corvair engines suffered from horrible mixture distribution, and EFI smooths them right out and makes them 100% more driveable than the original single carb per bank! I will keep all posted in anyone i interested!!

turbo_bu
January 3rd, 2011, 05:23 AM
I just got one. Had to buy an E67 and have it flashed to it. I plan on multiporting my '62 Corvair using the LL8 cal. The electronic throttle should be nice, 15 feet of linkage to the rear of the car can get a little cumbersome!!! Those old flat 6 Corvair engines suffered from horrible mixture distribution, and EFI smooths them right out and makes them 100% more driveable than the original single carb per bank! I will keep all posted in anyone i interested!!

Not sure if anyone else had replied to this or not, but I am interested in the Corvair upgrade to an E67. My dad has a '64 and I have tried to talk him into doing something simple like using EFI from a TBI 2.8L V6 swap (close enough in size for starting purposes).

schwoch1
January 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Not sure if anyone else had replied to this or not, but I am interested in the Corvair upgrade to an E67. My dad has a '64 and I have tried to talk him into doing something simple like using EFI from a TBI 2.8L V6 swap (close enough in size for starting purposes).
I have a feeling this is not going to be a 'simple' swap in many ways, but way doable. The biggest hurdle I have is getting the bungs welded into the head for the fuel injectors. Seems as if everyone in my town is afraid to weld aluminum. I could run two single point TBI setups like a couple of other Corvair guys have done, but that is only 1 step up from the carbs in my opinion. I am a HUGE proponent of EFI and anything less than multiport with the latest and greatest stuff and people would think that I am wimping out on them :) !!! I will prolly open a new thread when it becomes more interesting as not to hijack this one!!!
I will keep posted!!!
Mike

gmh308
January 5th, 2011, 03:27 AM
David, I thought I had one on my laptop but I dont...Ill check my external HD and get back to ya. FYI, I havent heard of any issues flashing an 09 LL8 E67 OS into an 07-08 E67 like the other OSs.

Have some first hand experience now that E67's do suffer from "brickification" when mix and matching OS's. Like E38's, in some cases they dont go to brick (i.e. serial disappears) until a run/start cycle. The example was from a GM TIS flash (not a result of bypassing EFILive's new protection feature.) The 07-08 can be cross flashed, but they suffer the same VIN corruption as an E38 which tends to point toward the same munching of the NVRAM.

ScarabEpic22
January 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Yup, I have firsthand experience with the VIN messup going from an 07->08 OS. Just had to change the VIN manually, havent had any issues other than wondering why EFILive wouldnt scan enhanced PIDs because the VIN was corrupt! Doh!

Id stick to whatever year ECM to you have, the I6 only came with the E67 in 08 and 09 so I imagine GM didnt change much as 09 was a half-year run of TrailBlazer/Envoys but GM's been known to do weird things!