PDA

View Full Version : Scanner got me so frustrated, someone help please

pavetim
November 22nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Here is what it does all the time. I go out to truck load pid file from duramax imperial, load dashboard from duramax imperial. I then clear pids, validate pids with hooked to truck. Ok now pids are validated so then I save the pids I want under My pids, i then go to the dashboard and load the charts that I want to log, then save as My duramax imperial. Ok now next time I open up the scan software and open up dashboard, it's all different. This sux becuase everytime I want to log I have to go throught the pids and dashboard again, and again. Whats up with this?

Ira
November 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
Well, I don't have a truck to play with, but I just connected my V2, which shows me a small number of available PIDs. I then selected 5 PIDs and choose "File/Save as/Save PID selections as" and called it iraspids. Then I quit the scan tool and re opened it. When I looked at the PID selection table I saw that iraspids was the currently loaded PID file and my 5 chosen PIDS were the one's selected. Can you try that and tell me what happens?

Ira

joecar
November 22nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Each time you open the scantool you have to open "My duramax imperial" as the current dashboard.

You might want to set:
- "My duramax imperial" as the default dashboard,
- "My pids" as the default pids,
so that when you open the scantool those will now be the current dash and pids.

In the scantool go Edit->Properties->Startup and look under Load Defaults.

pavetim
November 22nd, 2010, 02:34 PM
I will do that when I get it figured out but like i said i'll save the pids after validating them as my pids, then alter the dashboard the way I want A,B and C and save dashboard under my duramax imperial. Then next time I open up scan tool I go to open dashboard and select my duramax imperial and it's different than what i altered it too. It's frustrating cause I pretty much have to redo everything when I want to log data.

joecar
November 22nd, 2010, 02:46 PM
When you alter the individual dashboard gauges and charts, do you save them individually
(on the gauge or chart do rightclick->Properties and click Save or Save As)...?

Also when on the dashboard, click the Save or Save As button on the left of the dashbord sub-toolbar.

pavetim
November 22nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
NO I alter the dashboard A,B,C and then click on the icon that says save dashboard and I just save it under the same name that I have My duramax imperial

joecar
November 22nd, 2010, 02:52 PM
When you edit a gauge (under A) or a chart (under B) you will have to save that individual gauge/chart.

Now set "My duramax imperial" as the default dashboard (Edit->Properties->Startup and look under Load Defaults).

pavetim
November 22nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Nope still fooked up, still changes when i do all that too.

joecar
November 22nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Nope still fooked up, still changes when i do all that too.pm your phone number...

joecar
November 22nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
I have to run now (I'm still at work), I can call you either tonite or tomorrow.