PDA

View Full Version : Error: $0537

bobwagon
November 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
trying to read tune off 99+ LS1 PCM and get an error $0537. Can anyone help? new to all this.
(yes I have latest software. I've reinstalled it too.)

Blacky
November 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
$0537 Controller is locked with a custom key. An attempt was made to read or program a controller that cannot be unlocked using the standard GM keys. If you know the key that was used to lock the controller, please use the unlock option in the EFILive software to unlock the controller before attempting to read or re-flash the controller again.

Has the controller been tuned before? If so you'll need to contact whoever tuned it to get them to unlock it.
Sometimes GM's programming system can mess up the lock on the PCM. If the controller has been reprogrammed by a dealer you may be able to unlock it using the key $FFFF in the V7.5 software.

Regards
Paul

bobwagon
November 23rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks for that. Yeah it has already been tuned. Bugger.

ScarabEpic22
November 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Can you ask the programmer what key they used?

davig
March 11th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I have the same problem I have the programmer they used but am not sure what the key is. Do I still need the key if I have the original programmer that turned my truck???

Woodchukka
March 12th, 2014, 10:07 AM
You are going to need the key to get in. You will have to hope the programmer is willing to give the key out. Given that they locked it I don't like your chances.

davig
March 12th, 2014, 10:20 AM
So if I can't get the key what are my choices