PDA

View Full Version : Scanning stuck on general?

pavetim
November 23rd, 2010, 11:52 AM
I choose my pids but it gives that error about dma pids and deselect pids. now I had like 32 pids and like 44 channels or something like that, I went up top and selected stream-fast, but when you look on the console tab it says it's trying to log in general which I know won't log that many pids. how do I change it if selecting stream in properties isn't working?

joecar
November 23rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Did you try to set the logging mode here: Edit->Properties->Logging->Scan Mode

I left my phone at home, sorry I don't know how I forgot, so I'll can either call you tonite or tomorrow.

pavetim
November 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
thats cool Joe. Yeah I changed that in the logging properties, i tried to change it to dynamnic and stream-fast, it saves it but when I connect to my computer and hit record, then go to console tab it says it's trying to log in general and won't log cause I go too many pids. it's wierd how it won't change off of general scan.

joecar
November 23rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
You might have to reduce the pid channel count to get it to go into Stream-Fast.

pavetim
November 23rd, 2010, 12:30 PM
It should automatically figure out it needs to scan in fast cause the number of pids/channels don't know why it's scanning in general. I'll try to reduce to pids and hopefully have the ones I still need. i guess the magic number is 24 pids?

joecar
November 23rd, 2010, 01:30 PM
24 pid channels... on the PIDs tab look at the bottom of the window, it shows the pid channel count... some pids take 2 channels.