PDA

View Full Version : Strange Log

LBZoom
November 24th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hey Guys,
Take a look at this log, the data for fuel flow rate and pulse width are extremely errant. I believe it to be a software glitch that he is having or something. As far as I know he's updated all his software and firmware.

For the sake of curiosity he's got a 3500 Dually, LBZ CC 4wd, getting 13.5 mpg with intake and exhaust, stock is the same MPG's... what are some other figures coming from the Dually guyss on the forum? Thanks for the insights!:cheers:

JoshH
November 24th, 2010, 10:08 PM
What log? Is the 13.5 empty or loaded? City or highway? My dad's LMM dually gets around 18 running 70 to 75 on the highway empty. My uncle's LBZ dually gets around the same.

LBZoom
November 25th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Oops, forgot to attach the file, 13.5 is empty, if it was loaded I'm sure he'd be satisfied! And that's mainly highway driving with a little city mixed in

Biodiesel66
November 25th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Looks like your logging via pas-through and have to many channels selected. Your at 25. Max is 24.

Try BBL, shouldn't have a problem.

Just a thought?

rcr1978
November 25th, 2010, 05:49 AM
You must have maxd B1115 and related tables thats probably is why your seeing weird mm3 numbers. Problem is by doing that it's hard to follow or change in the tune what your pulse width, timing, fuel pressure, ect... is going to be. Max number on the table in B1102 is 812, I wouldn't go higher than that for you numbers in B1115. Everyone does things different but you cant tune whats not shown in your tables, also your pid count is to high if your using pass through logging that could also give strange numbers.

rcr1978
November 25th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Whoops Biodiesele beat me to the PID count, SLOW Typer :hihi:

LBZoom
December 3rd, 2010, 05:47 AM
You must have maxd B1115 and related tables thats probably is why your seeing weird mm3 numbers. Problem is by doing that it's hard to follow or change in the tune what your pulse width, timing, fuel pressure, ect... is going to be. Max number on the table in B1102 is 812, I wouldn't go higher than that for you numbers in B1115. Everyone does things different but you cant tune whats not shown in your tables, also your pid count is to high if your using pass through logging that could also give strange numbers.

No table B1115 isn't maxed out I know better than that. Didn't catch the PID count, but then again I have had way more than 24 in the past and still done okay so I didn't think one PID extra would throw off 3 or 4 readings. The truck runs great but he was mainly concerned with his economy, even stock it's only 13.5mpg.

LBZoom
December 3rd, 2010, 05:50 AM
I always use BBL on my truck, he's in Alabama and has a lot of other stuff going on besides trying to keep up with the EFI updates like us :) I may talk him through setting up his BBL though.

B1115 is set at less than 812 for what's it's worth, I wasn't sure if this was all a result of one too many channels or if there was actually something strange going on with the calculations leading to some less than great economy....