PDA

View Full Version : code b2911

ski_doo9
November 27th, 2010, 12:29 AM
This vehicle is 2008 GMC duramax. we have programed once already. The problem we are having now is we put a MBRP dual exhaust w/ delete pipe and wanted to reprogram the ecm for the delete pipe and all the pids that associate with it. when we go to reflash it gives a error during reflash and says it will be returned back to normal state. The truck will not start or crack after that. The code that is in ecm is a B2911 " wrong enviromental identifier received from device 7." This code will not clear. We tried some other scan tools and also had locksmith come out to see if the vehicle was in a anti theft state. No luck clearing code or unlocking truck. Also this truck when it came in was in a 30% derate when it came in for the pluged dpf filter. We did not clear codes when it came in before we unhooked sensors on exhaust. So we took truck to GM dealer. They apparently unlocked the anti theft and reflashed to stock. They cant till us if the code that was still in it was b2911 or if it had anything to do with the dpf sensors. When we went to reflash with the new dpf disabled program it gave same error meassage in relflash and also left the b2911 code.
Some Questions i have are: Will efi live reflash a ecm that has codes in it? What does this code mean?
I have also noticed that I am behind on 7.5 update. I will try it again. I will aslo try the 8.1 software too. Help as soon as posible.

8100 Power
November 27th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Update to the latest software and firmware and give it a shot.

MQ105
June 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Any update on this? I have the same code in a Cummins, although I can log, scan, flash, etc.

GMPX
June 14th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Any 'B' series DTC is not ECM related, a 'B' code on GM vehicles comes from the Body Control Module.

MQ105
June 14th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I wonder what it means on the Cummins. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems. None that I've noticed, anyway.

Blacky
June 22nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Answer...
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16659-B2911-DTC-what-is-it&p=148529#post148529