PDA

View Full Version : should I buy ?

conrodss
November 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I have recently bought a VE SS MY10 6L 6man . It is going in for exhaust - OTRCAI - dyno tune with efi live.
I am considering buying V2 and running it with a small 10inch netbook all the time. ?

I won't be doing any tuning initially but want the ability to as i learn more about the subject, but till then still want to log data so I can go back to my tuner every so often for updates.

Guess what I'm asking is it worth the money as a tool ? I have bought as expensive tools for other things so it's not overly expensive to me. I'm in Aus so OZTrack is my local , and I can get for around $900 or $1100 with initial set up support. Plus $400 for netbook.

mr.prick
November 27th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I suggest it. ;)

conrodss
November 27th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I should also mention that I am running dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges that plug into the CAN port. Can i still run V2 efilive at the same time ,

Tordne
November 27th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't imagine you run two scan tools on the CAN bus at the same time. Are the existing gauges displaying anything that your couldn't get in EFILive?

conrodss
November 28th, 2010, 08:55 PM
the gauges scan through various parameters but only have a record function of around 1min 15 sec for 1/4 mile runs .

L31Sleeper
November 28th, 2010, 11:38 PM
I don't know what OTRCAI is ?? but I don't really think you have enough mods to NEED a v2.
I mean I think it's a good idea for every body !! I looked at those gauges and I really like them
but the web site doesn't say if their OBD2 plug is a Pass Through or not. Maybe call them.

GAMEOVER
November 29th, 2010, 02:05 AM
I don't know what OTRCAI is ?? but I don't really think you have enough mods to NEED a v2.
I mean I think it's a good idea for every body !! I looked at those gauges and I really like them
but the web site doesn't say if their OBD2 plug is a Pass Through or not. Maybe call them.

OTRCAI=Over The Radiator Cold Air Intake

joecar
November 29th, 2010, 07:03 AM
the gauges scan through various parameters but only have a record function of around 1min 15 sec for 1/4 mile runs .You may not need V2... but it sure a fun tool to have (if you don't mind spending the money)...

it takes an SD card, so it can record any trip you make (yep, even across Oz the long way).

[ don't let me influence you, I'm extremely biased :grin: ]

conrodss
November 30th, 2010, 12:12 AM
it takes an SD card, so it can record any trip you make (yep, even across Oz the long way).

are you an aussie living o/s ? this is the reason of getting it so I can log data then take it to my tuner and go over it and make corrections , this is how I will learn to use it to its full advantage , going to dedicate a couple (few) of weekends to reading this forum (or more the way I am) to get me strated logging data , not going to attempt any changes until I AM FULLY CONFIDENT .
a bit of cart before the horse and picked up a nice 10.1 netbook that will sit nicely in the car. :grin:

joecar
November 30th, 2010, 05:21 AM
Yes, I'm a Sydneysider living in Southern California at the moment... ]

To try out the software, you can download/install it from here: V7.5 software (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

More info on tuning, follow the links in my signature below:

conrodss
November 30th, 2010, 07:52 PM
thanks , i have downloaded the software , will start playing around when i get some time to sit down and look at it.

joecar
December 1st, 2010, 07:34 AM
There are sample calibration files and log files (from real vehicles) included in the V7 software install.

Also, you can find more calibration files at www.holdencrazy.com

conrodss
December 4th, 2010, 05:55 PM
just updated my computers , I've persisted with a mac for 2 years, I just didn't like it or get it . Got Windows 7 on home PC and a new netbook for the car . All networked . so now to start learning how to log data and work out what it all means.