PDA

View Full Version : EFI Live in NE Alabama?

juyanith
December 2nd, 2010, 02:57 AM
I just bought a 2007 Z06 that has a locked EFI Live tune (and the tuner is no longer in business). I have the code, but I don't have EFI Live. Is there someone near Huntsville, AL that would be willing to unlock the PCM for me? I'd rather not replace the PCM if I don't have to.

Thanks! :help2:

juyanith
December 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I'm having some small issues with the car that I'd like to address. Is there no one reasonably close that can help me out? Will it help if I promise to bring some beer? :beer:

joecar
December 8th, 2010, 03:06 PM
You might also want to check on ls1tech.com, there is high traffic there.

juyanith
December 19th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Can I verify whether or not it will take a license to make the PCM unlocked *for writing* by non-EFI Live software? Also, would a locked tune prevent data logging?

Thanks for your help.

8100 Power
December 19th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Can I verify whether or not it will take a license to make the PCM unlocked *for writing* by non-EFI Live software? Also, would a locked tune prevent data logging?

Thanks for your help.

You can log a locked tune. I don't know what you mean by your first sentence, but, it altering to the ECM via EFILive will take a license, you can read ECM's all day though.

juyanith
December 19th, 2010, 10:01 AM
What I want to do is unlock the PCM so that I can change the tune using HP Tuners (since that is what I own.) I have the lock code, but if I want to alter the PCM so that it is not locked any more will that require a license? On the surface, it seems like it would if it involves writing the tune back to the hardware.

My second question is because I tried doing some logging (with HP Tuners) and was getting errors. I am wondering if that is an indication of some other problem, or if a locked tune also wouldn't allow logging. Sorry, I don't know much about what "locked" really means in this context but I have read some reports of bad OBDII ports causing similar problems.

joecar
December 19th, 2010, 11:13 AM
AFAIK, It only takes a license to flash a calibration. Unlocking does not take any license.

juyanith
December 19th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I've heard from some folks that it does and some that it doesn't. I guess I won't know for sure until I try. :hihi:

Anyway, disregard the logging issue. It turns out that I can log just fine with the laptop but there is some issue with HPTuners standalone logging.

8100 Power
December 19th, 2010, 07:05 PM
How do you just unlock the ECM withe EFILive? I didn't know it was possible..

joecar
December 20th, 2010, 01:21 AM
In the tunetool go Flash->PCM Security->Locking.

8100 Power
December 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
In the tunetool go Flash->PCM Security->Locking.

I'm not sure where my brain was, duh..

Thanks Joe.