PDA

View Full Version : E40 dynamic air/ MAF issues w/ cam install

HTMtrSprt
December 2nd, 2010, 05:41 AM
Is this considered a standard way to handle this issue?.... I installed a cam (224/228-114) in a trailblazer SS LS2 with stock injectors -- to get the fuel trims where they belong, I modified the VE table as necessary for proper idle and transient response and WOT fueling below the crossover point of 3800 RPM dynamic air calculation/ MAF only calc. In doing so, the vehicle throws a P0101 MAF performance code even though I have greatly increased the limits of air flow differential in the diagnostics. When it set the code, it would screw up the trans shifts and the Stabilitrak warning would always come on. I have turned the code off and it seems to run OK now however I would like to not have to turn this code off if possible. Anyone figured out why, in order to keep the grams air/cylinder computation correct, I have to put large numbers in the VE table which causes large differences in GM.DYNAIR_LS2 and SAE.MAF PID values. I have had similar problems w/ E38 systems, especially boosted applications w/ a 2 BAR MAP sensor, the VVE tables seem to require outrageously large numbers to make the car fuel properly below the SD/MAF crossover point.

DrkPhx
December 2nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Not that unusual with even with a bolt on TB SS. You can increase the values in C0806 which affects the tests for MAP and MAF codes P0101, P0106 and TPS code P0121. If that doesn't work, you change the values in C0404-C0407 test parameters so the test is active, but for a narrower range.

DrkPhx
December 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
I've also noticed the E40 VE table requires a lot adjustment in the lower rpms range. Don't forget to increase the values in Maximum VE-B2030 so it's above the values in the Main VE Table.

HTMtrSprt
December 3rd, 2010, 04:06 AM
All of which have already been done....

DrkPhx
December 3rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
All of which have already been done....

Including the changing the values in the test parameters such as min/max rpm and ECT? That should do it. You can view the freeze frame data using V2 to see the exact temp and rpm the code is setting at to help poinpoint the specific cells. Sorry if you already know this, just trying to help.