PDA

View Full Version : I6 Scanning Works Great

LSRacing
December 11th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Got time to test out the scanning software on the new GMC Envoy I6 tonight. IT worked perfectly. Downloaded trouble codes just fine and all the pids worked great. Just thought i would let everyone know. Need the newest version of efilive for it to work. :thankyou2:

GMPX
December 11th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Cool, glad it worked.
FYI, the PCM is a weird looking thing in those.

Cheers,
Ross

LSRacing
December 12th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Sure is. Cant wait to be able to tune it. :grd:

GMPX
December 12th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Tune it, add 2 cylinders then we are talkin' :joke:

Cheers,
Ross

LSRacing
December 12th, 2005, 11:36 AM
LOL. Im not looking for alot more power. Im looking to get better than the 12.5 mpg its getting now. More power is a plus in my book though. Its 270 HP right now. I think that is not too bad. Im sure it will be a while before these are supported by anyone. Oh well, at least i can scan it and wonder how the changes would work. You guys are great. Thanks for the support you already have. :thankyou2:

Highlander
December 14th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Tune it, add 2 cylinders then we are talkin' :joke:

Cheers,
Ross
You mean an I8??????????????

joecar
December 14th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Also have to bend it into a V... :cucumber:

02gmcwaldoch
February 13th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Has anyone tuned a I6 yet?

JESSE

John Skiba
February 14th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Has anyone tuned a I6 yet?

JESSE

I believe Wes does. I'll have to dig up the info for you though.

The_Alchemist
February 21st, 2006, 06:32 AM
This is some positive news. The wife has a new '05 Saab 9-7x with the I6 and it could definitely benefit from some tuning. The shifts are suuuuper slooooow and the throttle response is jumpy at best from what I'm guessing is the electronic throttle body. It's the first vehicle I've driven with the electronic throttle body and it took me some time to get used to.

Oh, and I can't wait to tune my '00 Trans Am to get back around the town drivability.

Looking forward to having V2 available soon.

FYI, my first post too... :)

joecar
February 21st, 2006, 06:41 AM
This is some positive news. The wife has a new '05 Saab 9-7x with the I6 and it could definitely benefit from some tuning. The shifts are suuuuper slooooow and the throttle response is jumpy at best from what I'm guessing is the electronic throttle body. It's the first vehicle I've driven with the electronic throttle body and it took me some time to get used to.

Oh, and I can't wait to tune my '00 Trans Am to get back around the town drivability.

Looking forward to having V2 available soon.

FYI, my first post too... :) Welcome.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Cheers,
Joe

GMPX
February 21st, 2006, 09:25 AM
The shifts are suuuuper slooooow and the throttle response is jumpy at best from what I'm guessing is the electronic throttle body. It's the first vehicle I've driven with the electronic throttle body and it took me some time to get used to.

Strange, normally the pedal feels dead from factory, sounds like it already has a tune in it ;-)

Yes, they are Electronic Throttle

Cheers,
Ross

The_Alchemist
February 22nd, 2006, 03:16 PM
Strange, normally the pedal feels dead from factory, sounds like it already has a tune in it ;-)

Yes, they are Electronic Throttle

Cheers,
Ross

That's the thing, the pedal feels dead, so before I know it, it goes from just crawling to full bore and shifting at 5000rpm. My wife then starts yelling at me reminding me that I'm not driving my Trans AM. Fact is, the pedal has no feel and there's such a delay in the gas I end up giving it more gas to get it to react. Like I said, it sucks and takes me a while to get used to. On top of that, I know that this transmission can shift a hell of a lot quicker and smoother as I've ridden in and driven many an F-body with trannies that will snap your neck on every shift. Not that I'm looking for that exactly, but something better than the mushy feel it has now, TORQUE MANAGEMENT IS A BITCH.

I haven't even touched on my T/A that needs a tune in a serious way. I've got a 2-3 year old LS1edit 'mail order' tune that does nothing for daily drivability.