PDA

View Full Version : DTC Visibility

BlownCrsr
December 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM
I have a Toyota Landcruiser, year 2000 model (in Oz) with the original engine (6 cyl 1FZ-FE petrol) removed and a PWR 112 blown LS1 transplanted into it.

The LS1 uses a standard GM ECU for the engine , and it has been tuned using EFI Live.

The engine has had a mafless tune, and when I use the EFI Live scanner, I can see the MAF DTC set, as I should.

I bought a Dashdaq XL just recently and when I plug the Dashdaq into the OBD II port on the ECU, I get the temp and rpm gauge working all ok, havent tried other gauges yet, but this would suggest the Dashdaq is working.

When I scan for DTC's using the Dashdaq it comes back and says MIL is off and no DTC's set.

I know that the MAF DTC is set though..................

I tried the Dashdaq on my wifes SAAB, and it saw a DTC related to the engine coolant sensor which has been intermittently faulty for a little while, so I am sure the Dashdaq is ok. I tried a Scangauge on the LS1 and can't see DTC's on the ECU with this tool either.

So...my question is, can anyone help me understand why the Dashdaq doesn't see any DTC's on the ECU? The tune (dyno) was done by a well regarded GM tuning outfit in a Melbourne suburb.

Thanks

Jim

:confused: