PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan V2 slow to respond

MMLMM
December 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM
when you push a button to scroll down or similar, it takes it awhile to scroll to the next item, like its really slow. If you use a F key, it just takes it a bit to respond and then jumps to that screen.

Did it on lats firmware/bootblock, and just upgraded it to the current firmware and still doing it. This happened right after updating it to the last firmware.

Any ideas?

mr.prick
December 5th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I have noticed this with mine when left in the car overnight.

Blacky
December 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM
The key "auto repeat delay" and key "auto repeat speed" can be configured in the FlashScan device settings.
If that got messed up during the firmware upgrade it could cause the problem.

Try updating those two values using the FlashScan menu option: F4 Options -> F1 Setup -> F1 Edit Settings.
Scroll down to almost the end and set the two values:
AR Delay = 300ms
AR Repeat = 40ms
The press OK to save the changes.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I have noticed this with mine when left in the car overnight.
Did the problem resolve it self after a reboot on FlashScan? Or is the problem permanent now?
Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mine does this too every once in a while, Ill try and keep track of when it happens but its very infrequently. Especially if its cold though, I let it boot for a sec then unplug and re-plug it back in, just fine after that.

mr.prick
December 6th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I only noticed it a couple of time and that was when it was fairly cold inside the car.
It didn't affected the log, it was just the data on the V2 display itself that was slow to update.

MMLMM
December 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Hadn't had a chance to check it out since I posted this. Ill try the settings. This isnt the "cold" issue. I have had that before. The V2 is plenty warm and it happens every time. It started right after upgrading the firmware (instantly). It like it is locking up or running real slow. Kind of like a software glitch but not sure. Hopefully the settings just are out of whack.

L31Sleeper
December 9th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Joecar said to Format the File system

Showthread - Slow V2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14460-Slow-V2)

MMLMM
December 12th, 2010, 04:48 PM
ok checked the AR stuff and its right, tried a format from Explorer, re-installed the options txt, settings, and pmm files. Still doing same thing. Trired to reload the current firmware onto it and didnt do anything.

Firmware 2.07.04
Bootblock 2.07.01

Blacky
December 12th, 2010, 08:54 PM
The device settings are stored in a separate part of memory in the V2. The only way to "reset" the device settings is to program in a new/clean Settings.dat file.
I've attached the default Settings.dat file to this thread.
Try saving the Settings.dat file, then using the V8 EFILive Scan and Tune package on the "F6: Devices" page, [Open] the Settings.dat file and [Program] it into your device.

Regards
Paul