PDA

View Full Version : allison 5speed to manual zf6 6 speed

lb7bob
December 7th, 2010, 04:41 PM
what do i need to change to shut off all signals my ecm is expecting from my tcm? right now the message center says "trans hot...idle engine". i want that gone, and there are oother codes too, I'm assuming are related to the swap. Any input? thanks.

THEFERMANATOR
December 7th, 2010, 05:01 PM
You need to find an LB7 manual trans calibration to stop it from looking for the TCM.

JasonW
August 29th, 2011, 04:45 AM
what do i need to change to shut off all signals my ecm is expecting from my tcm? right now the message center says "trans hot...idle engine". i want that gone, and there are oother codes too, I'm assuming are related to the swap. Any input? thanks.

For the trans hot light in the dash, I put a .4 ohm resistor between the trans temp sensor wires (a black and a yellow w/black stripe). I had to cut the Allison plug off down where it plugged into the trans. The resistor made the gauge show 150 degrees. Alternately you could ground out the wires and the gauge will show 0. You will have to see what size resistors work best.

I had tried using a manual tune, but we ran into issues with the cruise control. I am currently running a automatic OS. There is a torque limiting table in the TCM that will need adjusted so the ECM does not limit fuel.