PDA

View Full Version : New, and need help

Ken757
December 12th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Downloaded ver.4 today and finally got communication established with cars data link, but there is no .xml file that corresponds with my car. I was wondering if any users out there might have one . The car is a 1995 Lumina 3.1 vin # 2G1WL52M1S1132750. I recently replaced the transmission (4T60-E) and replaced the head gaskets and have a few problems I need to diagnose. Thanks

Blacky
December 13th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Take a look at this thread:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?10005-have-datastream-now-what-...

Regards
Paul

Ken757
December 15th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Take a look at this thread:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?10005-have-datastream-now-what-...

Regards
Paul

Thanks for the help. I have read over the manual, looks like all the information is there, but my programming skills are limited to writing some simple batch files back in the dos days. If I can get a handle on translating the .ds file so I can use it in the elive and learn more about the modules and requests It might start to click for me.

Ken

Blacky
December 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Hi Ken,

I've made a start for you. I've used the A277.ds file, I'm not 100% sure if it is the correct one for your vehicle.
Based on the info in the aldlstuff.zip file it could be any one of: A259.DS, A260.DS, A261.DS, A277.DS or A263.DS

Save the zipped file into the folder: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V4\Vehicle data streams
Then unzip it into that same folder.

Open up the A277.DS file using notepad. Then start the EFILive V4 software and select File->Select vehicle and open the gm277.xml file (that you unzipped from this post).
Then select the menu option Edit->Vehicle.
You should be able to match up the data I've added in there v's the data in the A277.DS file

Hopefully you can continue to add the parameters listed in the A277.DS file to the EFILive V4 software.
Don't add any comments in the comment section - there is a bug that can cause all the data you've entered to be lost if you enter comments.
Save the file regularly with a different name each time just in case that error occurs and you lose your data. The bug actually causes the file to be not saved correctly, so if you keep saving it with the same name you can end up overwriting all your hard work with junk.
To save the file you have to close the "Edit Vehicle" window and select File->Save vehicle as...

Regards
Paul