PDA

View Full Version : 95 chevy truck .xml

Patrick
December 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Was trying this efilive v4 with my 95 chevy truck. Which .xml file is for my application? I have looked through the list in the evaluation version and do not see one that works with the 95 truck 350 vin k. Will probably end up buying this software if it proves to work for me. I have tried to modify one of the existing files without any progress, i have a moates style usb cable and can log data using TTS Datamaster. I have installed a gm crate engine and would really love to get this thing running well with the tbi, too many problems getting pcm to operate trans(4l60e) when using the carb and remote tps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I might just opt to have my chip custom programmed by someone else but I am constantly changing setups and dont want to buy a new chip everytime.

Blacky
December 13th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Take a look at this thread:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?10005-have-datastream-now-what-...

Also, not sure if you realize but EFILive V4 cannot program your controller's chip. V4 is a Scan Tool only.
Regards
Paul

Patrick
December 13th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I am aware that this program does not program chips, but according to your website it can be used with an Eprom emulator like the ones sold by Moates.net. Just trying to do it right and not waste my money, Thanks

Blacky
December 13th, 2010, 11:38 AM
EFILive V7 is EFILive's package that supports the Moates RoadRunner emulator. The RoadRunner is only available for a limited selection of OBDII gas and diesel controllers.

EFILive V4 does not support any Moates EEprom emulator.

Regards
Paul

Patrick
December 13th, 2010, 12:40 PM
EFILive V7 is EFILive's package that supports the Moates RoadRunner emulator. The RoadRunner is only available for a limited selection of OBDII gas and diesel controllers.

EFILive V4 does not support any Moates EEprom emulator.

Regards
Paul

So if I understand this correctly EFILive V4 is designed to scan obd1 vehichles only And I am supposed to write the code for it to even work, Why does it cost $200 if I am supposed to write the code for my vehicle? Your web page does not specify that only v7and v8 do emulation it only says that EFILive tuning software does this and makes no mention to which version. This is proving to be a complete waste of my time,lol :bad: Originally I was going to buy a Vortec truck 96-98 and put my motor in it, more money wasted apparently.

ScarabEpic22
December 13th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Yes, V4 was created years ago to scan OBDI vehicles only. There is still R&D costs into the software that exist, even if not all the OBDI cars are supported. Yes it sucks, but its up to you if the scan tool is worth it or not. You do know the evaluation version is free, I believe you can only scan a few PIDs though vs all of them with the professional one.

The reason it is not stated that V7 does RoadRunner realtime is that it is still THE current software, V4 is depricated but still useful and the same goes for V5 and V6. V8 will incorporate the RoadRunners soon, it is still in public beta/limited feature use.

If you buy a Vortec 96-98, EFILive (V7.5 or V8) does not support those PCMs. 98-00 Vortecs are supported. But if you do a 0411 PCM swap, you can run a regular LS1 PCM and whatever OS (or custom OS) you wish.

Taz
December 13th, 2010, 01:31 PM
This is the description of the RoadRunner licence from the EFILive online store …

RoadRunner Realtime License

This license allows unlimited tuning of ANY vehicle supported by your RoadRunner PCM emulator while the RoadRunner PCM emulator is fitted to that vehicle.

If you plan to perform data scanning or require flashing of your RoadRunner results into a secondary PCM, either FlashScan V1 Commercial or FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune will also be required.

Each RoadRunner license is locked to a specific RoadRunner unit (RR serial locked). Additional licenses should be purchased if using more than one RoadRunner PCM emulator device.

Seems clear you require a V1 or V2 …..

Installing a ‘95 TBI 5.7 L in a ’96-’98 truck amounts to a significant downgrade of technology, power, and economy - but it’s your money to waste, as you frequently point out.

Patrick
December 13th, 2010, 02:27 PM
[Installing a β€˜95 TBI 5.7 L in a ’96-’98 truck amounts to a significant downgrade of technology, power, and economy - but it’s your money to waste, as you frequently point out.[/QUOTE]

I guess I came off wrong in my posts. I have a gm performance parts 350ho crate engine w/vortec heads the delux version. I bought it for a older truck 79 3/4ton TH400, and the truck got totalled which is why I ended up with the 95 c1500 it was cheap had blown engine, what I did not know was how difficult it was going to be making it run well in the 95, I am trying to do this on a small budget. I just rebuilt the 4l60e for the truck, not fun. Problem is the pcm is made to run engine and trans together, could not get the transmission to shift properly even using a remote tps. That is what brings me here. This engine ran awesome in the truck with the carb but it eats gas and doesnt shift right. It shifts great with the TBI on it just no power, so I am upgrading to the 50mm TBI with 80lb inj. And of course now I need custom programming and to monitor what is going on to tune it. I do not have much more money to sink into this project, which is what I meant by my post, I do all the work on the truck myself and had hoped to find an easy and cheap solution to this.

Patrick
December 14th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Well the engine is a crate engine not a stock 95 tbi and it is brand new.
Back to my original question, Does EFILive V4 come with vehicle definitions?
Do I have to create my own defs to scan a 95 5.7l TBI?
I do not want to waste money!

Blacky
December 14th, 2010, 07:17 AM
"Creating" the data stream is not really the correct terminology. Really you just need to type the data stream definition details from the *.ds file into the EFILive program, which then saves the details in the correct *.xml format. If you've never done it before but are reasonably proficient with a computer, (i.e. you can type an email or enter numbers into a spreadsheet) you should be able to do it in a few hours.

Data stream file 217.ds from the aldlstuff.zip file contains all the info you need to create your own definition for scanning a 5.7L TBI '95 (VIN=K) engine controller. The *.doc file indicates the motor is L05, is that correct?.

We used to operate a program where if you type in the data stream and make it available to us to add to the V4 package, then we send you a free Pro license for V4.
I'm more than happy to offer the same deal to you now. So if you are on a budget and you can spare a night or two typing in the details you can get yourself a free copy of the fully registered Pro version.

Regards
Paul

Patrick
December 15th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the info Blacky I am working on the definitions now it would help if I new one of the current definitions that is correct to use as a template or comparison. You made it sound so easy just type everything in, wish that were true, lol. Any other insight on this attempt would be appreciated, Thanks in advance

Blacky
December 15th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Check out the *.xml files called gmXXX.xml, they should match up with the aXXX.ds files that have the same number.
i.e. gm274.xml is based on A274.ds

Regards
Paul