PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PIDs when using RR

Hooter
December 15th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Hi Guys, Ive had a good look at previous threads, also in General, but here is my problem.
My RR is working fine (after reading joe car threads) and now have an issue with 2 bar OS. When I open Scan tool, (with RR open and connected in Tune Tool) it asks for VIN no. and my RR has these all set at zero. It asks me if I want to enter new VIN (Yes or No) If I select No, then it only shows about 42 pids, with only approx 10 activated (and not the ones I want). If I select Yes, and enter new VIN, then it shows approx 300 PIDs and I can set up my PIDs how I want and Save them, and then set up Dash page, so that I can track and save captures, and in particular track in Tune Tool which load point I am at. BUT, as soon as I hit the green button to Connect, it switches to a basic dash page and my PIDs go back to about 40 total. What the......
The main thing I am trying to do is use the Dynamic Cylinder Air so that I can see where Im at in my Spark tables, but DYN CYL AIR disappears when I hit the Connect button.
This is the first time I have used my RR with 2 bar setup. It had no probs with 1 bar OS.
Is it a 2 bar issue, or am I doing something wrong.
I have spent all day messing with all different possibilities. I have tried with std pcm on bench (non RR) with std OS and it seems fine. I havent reflashed 1 bar OS into RR to proove that 1 bar is ok since last time yet, but that may be next.
Any help much appreciated.

Tordne
December 15th, 2010, 08:27 AM
You need to enter the VIN and select the OS number in the Scan Tool. Then I'd expect that all the normal PIDs (like using a real PCM) should be valid and work. Perhaps see if you can program a VIN into the RR as well using the scan Tool option. I used an RR in my LS1 vehicle (running SD) for probably 3 or so years and had the PID you're after working.

Hooter
December 15th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks Tordne, I tried all that, but it wont let me change VIN from the RR VIN of 0000000000, either when I first open scan tool, or Change VIN, and also I am using 1250003 OS. This has been entered and it retrieves this.
My RR has been working fine 01290003 1 bar OS, for ages with no probs, but there is something going wrong with 2 bar.
As I say, if you select Yes and change VIN (and OS) when entering Scan Tool, the PIDS show approx 300, with 18 selected, and the B Dashpage shows just how I set it up and saved it, but soon as I hit the Connect button, it changes to some default dash page, and PIDs only show 42, with 12 selected.
I think I will have to use customers pcm and do the long way.........buggar......

mr.prick
December 15th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Did you validate all PIDs after the full flash?

Hooter
December 16th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks Mr Prick, Ive read many of yours and JoCar posts, and they have been very helpful over time.
I managed to fix problem. it just wouldnt accept VIN # under any circumstances, so I reflashed my last 1 bar OS into it and checked that all pids were fine, and also noticed it had the VIN # to suit std pcm in the tune. So I reflashed the new 2 bar OS back in and made sure it had the VIN from the customers pcm in it, and then when I opened the scan tool it let me enter the VIN and OS and accepted it. I rechecked in the Change VIN option and it showed old VIN as correct, whereas before it was blank, and then this time when I connected all was sweet. Its strange that it didnt do this from the start, as I did setup new OS ffrom scratch, and loaded original tune which should have had customers VIN.....The RR's seem a bit temperamental, and I have done a few of your Hard `resets along the way......but well worth the effort as there is nothing like realtime tuning when it comes to tracking tricky pids when it comes to fiddly issues, and although you can do this without a RR, its so much quicker and easier and more accurate with RR.