PDA

View Full Version : what do i need???

too tall
December 15th, 2010, 10:52 AM
im building a 87 iroc camaro and putting a 99 5.3l ls1 motor in what do i need to get so i can tune the pcm on that motor and also be able to scan other motors for check engine codes and tune other motors??? any help would be nice thanx

Tordne
December 15th, 2010, 08:00 PM
The LS1 PCM is supported by both our FlashScan V1 and FlashScan V2 products, so you can choose between the functionality that appeals, and the cost.

Pricing:
- FlashScan V1 Scan and Tune: US$549 - licensed for two PCMs
- FlashScan V2 Scan and Tune: US$799 - licensed for two vehicles

Additional benefits of FlashScan V2:
- Continue to be supported in the next software version (V8). This is probably one of the most significant benefits with the version 8 software now under heavy development.
- Support for newer GM PCM/TCM controllers which require the CAN communications protocol. Supports all EFILive currently supported vehicles.
- If you are going to tune reasonable numbers of similar vehicles (i.e. LS1/LS6) you can purchase a Stream license that will enable unlimited tuning of specific controllers.
- Advanced stand alone capability (read/flash/scan/log) - still operates as a pass-thru like FlashScan V1 also.
- Change to vehicle based licensing. This means a PCM and TCM of a vehicle (such as an LLY Duramax, or an LS2 Corvette) are considered as one vehicle, whereas under FlashScan V1 controller based licensing it is two PCM licenses. If you intend to tune more than perhaps 2-3 vehicles it will be more cost effective to go the FlashScan V2 route purely on the basis of overall costs.

Cheers,

joecar
December 16th, 2010, 04:40 AM
V2 also has:

- support for serial/digital AFR from the popular widebands (you will also need a wideband for tuning).
- a slot for an SD Card to plug into (to save logs to, and to flash from/to).
- an LCD display which shows real time logged data (i.e. while logging).