PDA

View Full Version : how v2 vins work

Dmaxink
December 16th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Ok I'm about to get another stream license..but what I'm wondering is my scan tool will hold up to 225 vins...I'm actually on my second scan tool because I broke the other one, but with or without the stream, is it that once i get to 225 vins I will be having to buy another scan tool? Or can this one be refreshed or something? It doesn't really matter, but for the sake of curiosity I'm asking. Thanks!

Tordne
December 16th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Each FlashScan V2 interface can hold up to 221 VIN licenses. If you managed to fill it up you would need another interface to continue on with. By that time though you'd likely have Streams :)

You'll know already, but for the benefit of anyone else in future reading this thread "scanning" is not a licensed function.

Dmaxink
December 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hey Andrew thanks for the quick reply! I guess what im asking is with the stream, it does not store in the v2 like a normal licensing purchase... basically with my streams it can go on and on? Thanks!

Tordne
December 16th, 2010, 10:15 AM
The Stream license and the vehicles you tune do not encroach on the VIN licensing section of the FlashScan device. So, you could tune 1000 (for example) E38 controllers with an E38 Stream license on the one FlashScan V2 device. Hope that is what you;re asking?

Dmaxink
December 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM
yep that is exactly what i was asking, more than likely next week i will cashing in some vins, biting the bullet, and getting the stream :)

Tordne
December 16th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Cool. If you are going to get it through our online store email me (support@efilive.com) your FlashScan V2 Serial Number and Auth Code (as per here http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=2143-YUOG-8049) and I can create a discount coupon based on the available VINs to rebate for you to use on checkout. Note that the rebate discount is a max of 50% so typically that is 13 VINs rebated against an LBZ/LMM Stream (as an example).

Cheers,

Dmaxink
December 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Hey man that sounds great, i appreciate it again, and will be getting a hold to you at the end of this week or next week. Thanks!

ScarabEpic22
December 16th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I just need like 4 more people to commit and Ill buy a P10 stream! Broke @$$ college kid here.

And stream licensing is a great idea, Id rather have unlimited tuning of a CONTROLLER and not a year/make/model like the other software.

Dmaxink
January 18th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Hey andrew, i sent you guys a message today on sales@efi. Get back to me as soon as you guys have the chance. Thanks!

Tordne
January 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Just replied to your email; but asking the same questions as required above ;)

Dmaxink
January 18th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Ok, info heading your way..pm sent