PDA

View Full Version : Code #C0100

rennoc442
December 16th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I cant find anywhere what this code means! My truck is a 97 Silverado with a 411 computer in it. It seems to run ok, but I cant clear this code without it coming back?

Any ideas???

Taz
December 17th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Hello rennoc442,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
C0100 is an ABS DTC. Probably going to be solenoid motor #1 (rear ABS - both wheels) malfunction. I don’t have a factory manual for a truck of that vintage (just Gen III & IV) - so I probably can’t help much beyond that.<o:p></o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Taz

rennoc442
December 18th, 2010, 02:52 AM
That's odd, wouldn't it throw the abs light instead? I also got a c0507, is that abs as well?

Taz
December 18th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Generally DTCs beginning with "C" are chassis type DTCs. C0507 looks like a steering position DTC. Looks like you've been working on this problem for a while ... same discussion back in July 2009 - post #7 in thread below.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?11461-Newbie-here-needing-some-help

Regards,
Taz

rennoc442
December 18th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Yah that is true. It was never an issue before, but now that the engine light is on now, it came back into my mind. I would like to try and solve this.

Taz
December 18th, 2010, 05:44 AM
The DTCs you’re having trouble with probably originate in the BCM and / or EBCM - the EFILive Tune Tool does not interface with these modules – so there is no option to “tune’ these modules. The Scan Tool will probably interface, but obviously does not allow for changes - other than clearing the DTCs.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I took a quick look at the tune you posted in your old thread - there doesn’t seem to be an option to set the DTC / MIL to ignore the BCM and / or EBCM.<o:p></o:p>
Addressing / correcting any problems with the “hard parts” and / or wiring is probably the only way to ensure the MIL does not reset.<o:p></o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Taz