PDA

View Full Version : Need data for dyno integration.....

Redline Motorsports
December 17th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Where is the protocol that is suppose to be here to integrate the dyno's output to be recorded in Flashscan??

Thanks

Howard

swingtan
December 17th, 2010, 09:40 AM
You can try here...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14808-EFI-Live-to-Mainline-DynoLog-Data-Integration

But there is not a lot of tech info.

Tordne
December 17th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Hey Howard. Was good to meet you at PRI :) What sort of Dyno did you have? It is only Mainline in Australia and Mustang that have done an integration. In each case it is a software update from the dyno manufacturer that is required. To configure the FlashScan side you open the V8 Scan and Tune application and go to where you configure the Serial I/O (where you'd configure you ECM Wideband) and change it to 'Dyno'.

Redline Motorsports
December 17th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Andrew, like wise! Wish I had more time to bs but we where busy at the GMPP booth with the Camaro!

I have a Land and Sea unit and Jesse had mentioned that the "data" was available that I could give to them to write a script so we can log dyno stuff.

Said it was posted on the site!

Thanks

HT

Tordne
December 17th, 2010, 10:03 AM
That was nice looking car you had in the GM booth! The document might be 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\EFILive FlashScan Serial Protocol.pdf'. Should be a good start for them anyway.

jrh
January 15th, 2017, 04:42 AM
I know this is an old thread but did anyone get anywhere with integrating the EFILive V2 data into the chassis dyno data acquisition systems (and in the other direction too)?

Would like to be able to log EFILive data with EFILive itself (BBX or pass thru) and also have the same vehicle data stored in the chassis dyno data acquistion system. In a perfect world it would be nice to then have the chassis dyno data (power, torque, dyno wheel speed etc.) also logged in the EFILive data stream.

I spoke to Dynojet at the SEMA show and they said the newest Dynojet hardware/software supports this (at least in one direction - logged in Dynojet).

I spoke to Mustang at the PRI show and they said this hasn't yet been developed - it was started but then never completed.

Where is the protocol that is suppose to be here to integrate the dyno's output to be recorded in Flashscan??

Thanks

Howard

Blacky
January 16th, 2017, 02:15 PM
I know this is an old thread but did anyone get anywhere with integrating the EFILive V2 data into the chassis dyno data acquisition systems (and in the other direction too)?

Would like to be able to log EFILive data with EFILive itself (BBX or pass thru) and also have the same vehicle data stored in the chassis dyno data acquistion system. In a perfect world it would be nice to then have the chassis dyno data (power, torque, dyno wheel speed etc.) also logged in the EFILive data stream.

I spoke to Dynojet at the SEMA show and they said the newest Dynojet hardware/software supports this (at least in one direction - logged in Dynojet).

I spoke to Mustang at the PRI show and they said this hasn't yet been developed - it was started but then never completed.

If you look at the list of PIDs available for selection there are a bunch of PIDs under the "Dyno" tree heading that are captured/recorded by EFILive from the Mainline Dyno systems via the serial port on FlashScan.
http://mainlinedyno.com.au/

Regards
Paul

jrh
January 16th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Thanks Paul. I've seen some of the dyno related PIDs. Now I just need bidirectional data for Mustang and Dynojet chassis dynamometers (since those are the dynos we have).

If you look at the list of PIDs available for selection there are a bunch of PIDs under the "Dyno" tree heading that are captured/recorded by EFILive from the Mainline Dyno systems via the serial port on FlashScan.
http://mainlinedyno.com.au/

Regards
Paul