PDA

View Full Version : EFI University Diesel DVD

TurboCamaro
December 17th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I see EFI University has released a Diesel DVD. Judging from the professionalism and content of their other courses I am sure this will be a great DVD. Has anyone watched it yet?

mbdpp
January 11th, 2011, 09:40 AM
It is not as good as I hoped it would be.
They do not give out any secrets that is for sure.
Also it seems to be more of a advertisement for Edge than EFI.

Should be free with purchase of V2 Scan and Tune

Just my .02

Taz
January 11th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Isn’t EFI University its own entity ? They offer courses on various EFI control systems and software - not just EFILive software.

By way of comparison, if you were to purchase HPTuners software, you would have the option of purchasing a Tuning School Manual and CD - for an additional $450.

Regards,
Taz

joecar
January 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM
EFI University is not related to EFILive in any manner, shape or form.

joecar
January 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Also please note:

EFILive is named "EFILive" and not "EFI" and the two names should not be confused.

:)

GMPX
January 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM
You guys are right, Ben (EFIU) is free to do whatever he wishes with he's business. He likes to use EFILive on GM cars but that doesn't tie him in to only using EFILive in he's training videos. I haven't seen the video, perhaps showing custom tuning was not really appropriate for the intended audience.
We also let Greg Banish post here about he's tuning courses and he uses both EFILive and HPT, it's not like we are Apple :laugh:

bballer182
January 11th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Also please note:

EFILive is named "EFILive" and not "EFI" and the two names should not be confused.

:hihi:

DURAtotheMAX
January 25th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Also please note:

Thank-you! This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves on the diesel forums, I dont know why it bothers me so much, it just does. Freakin everyone just shortens the name and calls it "EFI". Funny thing is they actually have no idea what the "EFI" in "EFILive" means.

So all they are doing is making themselves look dumb when they call EFILive "EFI".

"Hey dudes I bought a duramax about a year ago but finally got the itch to tune it so I just made the big jump and bought EFI yesterday!!! Its AWESOME!"

Really? You just got EFI yesterday? Thats wierd because Im pretty sure EVERY DURAMAX EVER BUILT ALREADY HAS "EFI" FROM THE FACTORY. :rolleyes:

ben

GMPX
January 25th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Maybe for the Diesel market we should start up a new company CRDLive.

bballer182
January 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Common Rail Dodge Live

DURAtotheMAX
January 25th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Maybe for the Diesel market we should start up a new company CRDLive.

But if you did that, people might start abbreviating it "crud" :D