PDA

View Full Version : when i switch tunes it kills truck

nateneill
December 19th, 2010, 03:24 AM
i have efilive + edge insight cts monitor. i have dsp5 by nick and when i switch off of anything except tune 1, my truck dies. but tune 1 seems to run just fine. any help? or need more specifics?

vortecfcar
December 20th, 2010, 02:47 AM
The tune is set to serial, and all of the DSP5 tables are populated like they should be. I don't see anything in the tune that should cause this.

Any updates Nate?

Nick

nateneill
December 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM
for some reason it wasn't set to serial on mine. when i went in to switch it, SOMEHOW all the fuel tables got set to 0. I've no idea how/what i did, but that did it, so i just downloaded the tunes from email and started fresh and was very careful not to change anything. now its on there and works like a charm!

but... i've got one more question while i've got ya. at the top of most of my gears, it feels like my truck is lagging or, wanting to stick in that gear and not shift, so i've got to let off the accelerator a little bit to get it to shift... normal driving is fine, no problems at all, just when i'm into it it gives me these fits. thanks Nick

Nate

Nmband13
January 8th, 2011, 06:25 AM
What rpm is this occuring? Have you messed with the transmission tuning? If the shifts in the trans is set too high it'll hang there til the truck hits the mph then shift. Or until you let off the peddle and it see's a lower throttle position, say 70%. Then at that 70% throttle position if the truck is above that certian speed in the trans shift table then it shifts. sounds technical...really isnt.
edit: also what is your rpm limit on the truck?

LBZoom
February 1st, 2011, 07:10 AM
for some reason it wasn't set to serial on mine. when i went in to switch it, SOMEHOW all the fuel tables got set to 0. I've no idea how/what i did, but that did it, so i just downloaded the tunes from email and started fresh and was very careful not to change anything. now its on there and works like a charm!

but... i've got one more question while i've got ya. at the top of most of my gears, it feels like my truck is lagging or, wanting to stick in that gear and not shift, so i've got to let off the accelerator a little bit to get it to shift... normal driving is fine, no problems at all, just when i'm into it it gives me these fits. thanks Nick

Nate

I know this is an older thread, but for what it's worth that sounds exactly like a fuel filter that needs to be replaced, not so much a transmission tuning issue.