PDA

View Full Version : Issue with driver for Scan/Explorer but Tune is OK.

ldp787
December 20th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I'm having an issue with Scan/Tune and EFI explorer but My tune suite is ok. I've tried several things I've read on here and DP but nothing is seeming to fix my issue.

I'm operating on Windows 7 starter edition on an ASUS EeePC netbook, Flashscan firmware 2.05.21, Boot Block 2.05.04.

Did I mention I feel like the avatar that has a person banging their head on the keyboard.....

:confused::help2:

joecar
December 21st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hi ldp welcome to the forum :cheers:

Are you saying your V2 won't connect to your PC...?

Which version of V7 and V8 software do you have installed...?

ldp787
December 21st, 2010, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the welcome.

My V2 is having an issue connecting to scan/tune and the efi explorer. I'm getting a no device connected message. However, my V2 works on the tune tool, I have read and partially tuned my ecm.

V7.5.6.139
V8.1.2.127

Tordne
December 21st, 2010, 01:51 PM
For those software version you have installed you need to update the FlashScan V2 firmware (you're over 2 years out of date :shock:).

Please see these knowledgebase articles which relate to software and firmware updates:
- Software (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=5404-IJZV-0820)
- Firmware (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7243-SFGL-2949)

ldp787
December 22nd, 2010, 01:59 AM
Thats my problem, listed in the steps to update the firmware, is Open Scan and Tune and connect the flashscan.

I can't get the Flash scan to communicate with Scan and Tune nor the EFI Explorer.

What is my next step?

Taz
December 22nd, 2010, 02:13 AM
This is not my area of expertise ... once I get everything working I tend to leave it alone ! In the Scan Tool under the "Edit" menu select "Properties" and confirm your perferred cable is set to "EFILive FlashScan V2.5 (HAPI)" and also uncheck the "Scan all cable types" box - sometimes this helps.

Regards,
Taz

ldp787
December 22nd, 2010, 06:12 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot when I get back home.

Tordne
December 22nd, 2010, 07:45 AM
Confirm a couple of things for me please:
- Does the device boot normally; i.e. to the menu where you can select menu options?
- If so can you confirm the firmware version by following THIS GUIDE (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7141-YSDK-3270) (I'm suspecting perhaps you are still on 2.04.x firmware)
- If not is the device in deadpoll; where the LEDs flash side-to-side?

ldp787
December 22nd, 2010, 05:08 PM
Confirm a couple of things for me please:
- Does the device boot normally; i.e. to the menu where you can select menu options?

I don't think it's normal, sometimes it will freeze at the "EFI Flashscan V2" screen, and sometimes "Attention, Boot block has been upgraded. License will now be upgraded now. Ok." Then "License Upgrade, Warning do not remove power during the upgrade process. OK." Then "License Upgrade. Upgrade completed successfully. Ok." It is always one or the other.

- If so can you confirm the firmware version by following THIS GUIDE (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7141-YSDK-3270) (I'm suspecting perhaps you are still on 2.04.x firmware)

Flashscan firmware 2.05.21, Boot Block 2.05.04.

- If not is the device in deadpoll; where the LEDs flash side-to-side?

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Tordne
December 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
Ok, I know exactly what the problem is. You were in the process of updating from the 2.04.x firmware and did';t first update to the 2.04.72 firmware noted in the documentation. What has happened is that the boot/block and firmware are mismatched and the license upgrade screen you're getting is never actually being completed. This is why the device is not able to communicate.

The good news is that there is a fix for this issue. I'm going to send you an email in a few minutes with the necessary files and note. The notes relate to a much older V8 software build so the instructions will not be 100% accurate anymore. Other customers with the same issue have been able to follow them despite this so you should be fine.

Cheers,

ldp787
December 23rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Got it, all better!!!!!

Andrew, thank you for you're effort and support. I really appreciate the help.

Tordne
December 23rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Just got home and saw the post has been edited. Was just about to send you an email with something else we could try. But, sounds like you're all sorted now anyway :)